Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#321150 Mon Apr 23 2012 06:21 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hello everyone. My name is Rob and I am from Muskogee Oklahoma and I am 30 years old. I just recently began collecting old advertising (mainly petroliana so far). I am looking forward to learning from everyone and doing my part to help preserve advertising history. I have always been interested in antiques and began collecting advertising because I thought it better to focus on one area rather than collect a little bit of everything. If anyone has advice that might benefit someone new to collecting, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Rob

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Welcome fellow Okie!There is no cure for this addiction,but we can get our daily fix on ths site! grin

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs
moore798 #321221 Tue Apr 24 2012 12:11 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas.com!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Welcome to Oldgas.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Welcome to Oldgas! There's a lot of us Okies on here so you're in good company. Or bad company.... one of the two....

Looking for Tulsa Oil Globes, any Tulsa-based cans, Troco anything, Bosch signs and clocks, original VW dealership stuff and original white capcos!
S
OP Offline
S
Hey Tulsabug

I am wondering if you can help me. I see that you are into Troco. A 2 gallon troco oil can was one of my first scores. The can is rectangular and is the traditional orange and blue. The symbol is the blue square with blue x in the middle. I'm guessing this is the newer symbol. I would say the condition is good but not mint. I'm not sure if I got taken to the cleaners or not. Do you have a ballpark of the value? I will try to get a pic posted.

I'm too new at this to say anything accurate on can value. We've managed to pick up three Trocos - one early large grease can with the swastika logo, a late grease can with the later logo, and a small little grease can with the later logo. We paid $60-$65 each for the big cans and $20 for the small but I've been told the swastika logo one usually goes for a lot more so we got lucky on it! The other guys on this thread should be able to give you a good idea of the value.

Looking for Tulsa Oil Globes, any Tulsa-based cans, Troco anything, Bosch signs and clocks, original VW dealership stuff and original white capcos!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Best to buy one not common item in excellent condition than 10 common items in so-so condition.

JimT #322533 Sun Apr 29 2012 01:44 PM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Originally Posted By: JimT
Best to buy one not common item in excellent condition than 10 common items in so-so condition.

Welcome to old gas, think this is the best advice any one can give you. I'll second this.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
S
OP Offline
S
I've heard this advice from everyone I have come across. Sound advice, thank you. I don't have as many chips to throw at this as I would like to. It's hard to not jump on items that are in good condition. A $300+ sign would be good sized investment for me at this point. Maybe someday. Thanks for the advice.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Muskogee, home of Oklahoma's first refinery. In years of collecting I have only found a couple of items from Muskogee Refining Company.
If you come to Broken Arrow sometime give me a shout.
Maurice

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved