Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
tooter, he's got your Co-Op sign listed right now...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
Lol! This is something that needs to be stopped. Can you not get him back to your house? If you aren't willing to use force I'd be glad to fly there and take care of it.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Purol sign is back on !!!!
Lots of other signs also!!!
Bad News All the way around if you ask me! Plus a T-53 pegasus to top things off!
BEWARE GUYS!!!!!!

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
PS: Whoever it is Has the EXACT sign in their possession BECAUSE they took different pictures of the same sign and put it right back on! hahahaha I guess we werent supposed to notice???
Bad NEWS!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
guy had somebody else call and buy the signs for him!!!!!

wow...he's slick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
guy goes by

'gr8signfinds'

on Ebay

Everybody should avoid him....

put him on your blocked buyer/bidder list also...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
this same guy bought a couple signs from me a while back and had some one pick them up, couple months later i had another sign for sale, he called about it said he wanted it never came and picked it up ,but listed it for sale on e-bay from the pic i had on c.list. takes all kinds i guess. i would stay away from that dude.

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hes the same guy that has the T-53 on ebay with a $3200 buy it now and insists that its an original. This is one dude that I won't forget. We need to spread the word on him!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
he's from MPLS and he gets around the whole midwest

he's just a young kid!!!!!

probably 23 years old!!!!! and travels with another young buddy

BEWARE!!!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I sent 'gr8signfinds' an e-Bay message re: the pegasus sign, as follows:

"The sign you have is a reproduction, that is a fact! Now, all you are doing is making excuses. Your appraisal is from an unqualified individual and that doesn't change the status of the sign. I hate liars and thief's. Hope you are proud of yourself. "

He sent me the following reply:

"I have pulled my listing and am going after the person who sold it to me.

Thanks for letting me know, I REALLY appreciate it! I love signs and advertising and want to uphold as good of a reputation as possible.

Thank you"

Maybe he has had a change of heart.........only time will tell. At least for the time being he has chosen to do the right thing.

I commend all other Oldgassers that may have sent him a message. Together we can make a difference!!!

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Mon Apr 30 2012 11:22 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I would love to give him the benefit of doubt.....

ITS A MIRACLE....he completely changed overnight!

I highly doubt it.....so I will just take a wait and see attitude and he will NEVER be allowed on my property....regardless.

SORRY....CON MEN ARE SMOOTH....

Thanks for going after him though....I agree we should go after stuff like this....together maybe it can make a difference!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Give him time & he will sign on here as a member, then WE CAN'T BAD MOUTH HIM!

G
G
Holy geez Batman, Dick was right! It is I, the Dark Knight.

I thought I should post since I've become some kind of mysterious super villian to some since I buy low and sell high. By now you have all figured it out - I buy and re-sell. Now I know it hurts the sensitive's feelings some when they see me asking double what I just paid them for their item. Welcome to the world of sales ladies and gentlemen.

I find it funny that people jump to conclusions about someone because of what they read on these forums. I am a collector, buyer, and most noteably a seller. Yes I ask top dollar (or higher) for my items but they are all one of a kind and original as described. I work and travel hard to find the best items I can, beat the competition by offering to ship 500 lb crates anywhere in the USA, etc.

I recently had a blip with a T-53 as you have all mentioned. This was addressed and is being handled with the person I obtained it from. I apologize to anyone who saw this or had to email me on it - Thank you for doing so. I do not claim to be an expert in gas/oil or any one thing for that matter - I just like the stuff and like to buy low and sell high to a customer who is satisfied with the item and service I give them (which I have done many times). You should all thank me for doing my part in helping drive the value of your collectibles.

If you do not like me or my items, don't sell to me and don't buy from me. Thats all I can ask. And to the guy I bought the purol from (in person with a handshake *****) - enjoy spending my $800 cash that you so willingly took and even called me back on to make sure I was still coming to buy. I will make money on your sign or enjoy looking at it.

I became a member on this site for the sole purpose of setting things straight to the potentially reasonable people out there. I do not plan on replying to anyone or wasting anymore of my time explaining sales 101.

Oh, and to set the record straight, I do have a PT employee who I pay to drive, pick up, deliver, crate, etc. Also, I am ripened to 30 years, not just 23 but thank you - I'll take it as a compliment.

I am not some crazy supervillian picker out there to F up this hobby or the integrity of great american advertising history. I just want to enjoy it, buy as much as I can as low as I can, and sell as much as I can as high as I can. My #1 priority is to have only authentic items, and unfortunately my first experience with a mobil pegasus was a bad one. I own and have in my posession every item I have listed on ebay.

Thank you to those who educated me on the pegasus.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I applaud your courage. I am sure it wasn't easy penning your post. You have my respect for pulling the sign and refusing to take advantage of someone.

Nothing wrong with buying low and selling high, it is the building stone and foundation of all free democratic economies. Corporate America does it everyday.

Welcome to Oldgas.com!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
G
G
Thank you Dave, FYI if anyone is looking for a young, witty, liscenced auctioneer with stunning good looks and the incredible ability to sell for high$ in MN, I'm your guy - call me at the phone # someone took the liberty of sharing above if your interested. I work estates and antiques/collectibles.

The Black Knight

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved