Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
I have a promotional giveaway from Texaco with a Bakelite Scottie dog, wearing a jacket with a red bow. At the bottom of the cardboard card, which includes the Texaco logo at the top, are two Scottie dogs with "listen" at the bottom. The message on the card is "WIN THE WAR ON WEAR WITH TEXACO PRODUCTS". Can anyone help me date this? I have seen the Scotties in a "Saturday Evening Post" advertisement from July 1, 1933 but I suspect this particular item is during the second World War. Please contact me with any information. I have pictures available, but could not figure out how to post to this site. This item is completely original and the back of the pin is still covered on the back of the cardboard with a sticker, including the picture of the 2 Scotties and the message LISTEN and for perfect lubrication use "CRACK-PROOF" TEXACO MOTOR OIL.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good morning. I believe the item you are referring to is what is called a "fantasy piece." I have seen these on ebay over the yers and he discussion usually turns to someone made these (not sure of the year, maybe the 70s or 80s) and were not lcensed or produced by Texaco. I am sure someone else will be along to add to this.

P.S. My manners.....welcome to the site. Great bunch of folks. I collect Texaco and would be interested in seeing or hearing about other things you have.

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited 01-20-2007).]

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
people try to pawn these off all day long on eatbay rick

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Welcome to the world of petroleum collectibles.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved