Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#340742 Wed Jul 11 2012 05:50 PM
Dajudge Offline OP
OP Offline
So maybe this is not new but if it is, it is a world of info for those of us in Texas wanting to do a period correct pump. I have only been looking at this stuff for a few days since I got my pump(Bowser 585) but have already found finished pumps in colors of companies out of business or change before the given pump was even manufactured.

In my surfing tonight I came across this report by the Texas DOT on the history of gas stations in Texas. If I have stumbled onto a known gold mine, I'm sorry, I'm a Noob. If not enjoy.

http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/library/pubs/bus/env/fieldguide_gas_stations_.pdf

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very cool! Lotsa info there.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Dajudge Offline OP
OP Offline
I am haven't decided what station to do yet, but it was nice to find out Humble was gone in Texas by th 60's. Not gone but changed to Enco. I want to make sure the company had stations in DFW before I go with it.

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Dajudge,
I've got a hard copy of that. wont really help a whole lot with a pump restoration(it id's stations themselves). I would search original gas station photos for all the critical details, along with station maps, postcards and other literature with pumps.
you can find when logos came and went.
restoration supply websites help with whats avaialble to restore with or you can get custom decals/add glass created.
after that its a matter of preference in the finished pump

Dajudge Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, just thought it was cool. I like the maps that show which companies were where it Texas.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved