Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
"if I remember correctly the non petro forum was created in large part for the daily check in and chit chat."

Yea, that's what I meant when I said "I do realize that the morning check-ins are technically non-petro chat" but I was wondering if questions about old cars, soda collectibles, pinball machines, clocks, barber poles, etc. might be in a different spot than the "hidey ho neighbor". I suppose Oldgassers could look for other discussion boards specifically for this stuff, but kinda nice to ask friends first. The biggest problem I see with my suggestion is so many threads fall in between friendly chat and questions concerning specific non-petro items that it might be a challenge to make it work. But as I said, I do understand the original intent of the "non-petro"; I just had an idea and figured I'd throw it out there since I was already on the box.

As for actually doing a OTM feature, not quite yet, I'm still getting my feet wet here, but you'll be hearing more from me I’m sure. Ya might regret that though

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 12-27-2007).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't think its possible for the page views to be shown with the current forum software.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I apologize if I mad anyone mad or upset. I won't be posting for awhile, I think it's time for a break.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
jj... come on man... all in good faith. you got opinions but so does everybody else. we work thru this together. not a big deal. yeah... you ****** me right the hell off.. lol... but it ain't the first time anybody did that and it won't be the last. this site ain't a popularity contest. nice to make friends here tho and believe me i made friends with people that i don't even know what the hell they look like. thats the cool thing. sharing !!. thats what a big percentage is about.

chuck

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
I WILL MISS YOU JJ

I'm sorry, sometimes I just can't help it...

LOL

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I.d just like to say I appreciate the time that people take to post their photos no matter what the category, I wish I had more time to do the same.

Online Cool
The view number stats can't be added to this forum without serious custom programming. This forum is different from most newer forums in the software that is used. Most newer forums run off of a database with each topic page dynamically generated when you ask to view it. This forum's topics are each a Web page on their own, ready to be viewed when you ask for it. The topics are not instantly assembled from a database.

A database forum can display more statistics and also offer some cool features like instant messaging and "who's online." The current Shop Talk forum setup is more efficient for external search engines to visit and index the pages. Google visits this site often and puts every word in their search index. Most of our new visitors come from search engine results page links.

That being said, I'm still evaluating changing over to a database forum setup because our current software is no longer being upgraded.

We have never had a moderator lock a Showcase topic because of a time limit or discourage new posts to a monthly feature unless they were non-petro or unrelated to the topic.

There is a cost to every service we provide. Oldgas.com pays fees directly related to the space we take up on the server and the amount and size of the files viewed. Keeping the focus on petroliana helps to trim the server storage space for things that are not viewed much. It also saves time for petro enthusiasts who don't want to search around to find the petro stuff.

Harsh words always discourage participation and new member registrations. Please refrain from name calling like cry baby.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Jim, I have waited a few days to read all comments and to see what you and other thing about my idea. I hope you see from my comments here and other topic area's that I truly enjoy this wed site and only want what is best for all. I guess that I am a fence seater, I see both sites and agree with both. My soul intention was to start a topic question and see what type of idea others might have on this and other related topic's. There are so many types of petro related topics that one could have 100's of forums if not careful. Again I am new here and just looking at ways to help and not hurt. Call me crazy but I enjoy all the topic's and forums and look forward to all posting long and short. Remember I said I just had a idea about Outboard issue not a answer and wanted to let you and others thing about it. Lets see what a New Year brings to Oldgas.com Thanks again for all you do. Cash Stevenson aka Gas & Soda 4 Me

F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
I quit posting a while ago for just this reason... I admit that I have been lurking in the background.. hoping that the people on this site would mature and the nit-picking would cease. It does not seem to be in the realm of possibility so... I am now deleting OldGas from my desk top and eliminating my registration... My best to the friends I have made...

------------------
Frank

Frank
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
ummmmmmmmmmm.... one question... when did "outboard" cease being a thread and become an "issue".... this is really getting funny....

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Yes, I for one would love a outboard spot, but my main collection is of all cans.
This has got way out of hand, a person that is bored with a thread or just not interested can choose not to read it, no problem, just one of the perks of living in America.
I, for one would would be thrilled and proud that members posted 37 pages worth of information. That is awesome. I also love the old station thread we now have.
Now we are losing as a community memebrs that share alot of knowledge on many subjects. That is a tragic loss!
I have dealt with Chuck and John both and they both provide great information to this site.
Let's all take a deep breath and start the new year on the right foot.
and that is together.
Only bad part of the outboard thread is it made prices go up !!
I still will be on the look out for Chuck and Chris on outboard items off thread because we share the common love of the outboard stuff, and I still off site will help John,Brian and others on their Skelly stuff of which I have a large amount of.
Bottom line we all can survive with the loss of a contributing member but then again we all lose!
Let's do 2008 right.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
its not really that funny Kmann, its actually kind of sad it has come to this,........ there are times to speak up & times to kinda keep quite.....

Online Cool
This is not funny. This is serious.

Members are quitting. I'm hearing from others who are upset with the harsh language and name calling.

Curse words, name calling and other harsh messages will have a zero tolerance policy with those involved. Any more and it will be dealt with seriously.

The Outboard topic is not the issue. The only problems I have with the Outboard topic is the amount of non-petro content and it's divisive affect on our membership. When any topic becomes more important than treating each other decently, it becomes a critical problem.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved