Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ok, thats good to know. Still, any idea on the years they were made? Anyone know what these might be worth then? Thanks again everyone.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
As far as I know they still make them, Benjamin, Stongo, Revere were only some of the old makers. And now cheaper ones are made of aluminum and power coated.

Porcelain is still used for severe use or harsh environments. IE salt air, chemical fume areas, etc..

They got to be fancy or have rarer colors to be worth a bit. Also most people that will pay a bit for them, generally want 3 or 4 or more the same.... same deal with diner stools!!

Earliest ones I know of had relativly flat shades that were ruffled, they look very cool, also the fittings were often cast iron and sometimes quite ornate. Some had standoffs on the side for the wires & insulator. I have seen thes as far back as aroond 1906 -1910, so I am not sure when they started. I have a cobalt blue complete and a green shade like that.

I am thinking I probably have 20-30 different exaples of porcelain shades..

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DODO, WHY DON'T YOU WRITE A BOOK? OR AT THE VERY LEAST SHOW US WHATCHA GOT IN INVENTORY!

HEY, IF I CAN SHOOT 125 PICTURES OF AN ABANDONED ASYLUM IN 3 HOURS, YOU CAN SHOOT 30 SHADES IN......???

LET'S SEE 'EM!

DOC @ TAG.W

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I have not used my camera in about a year, plus not posted a pic on here. There is an oldgasserglassbender visits once in a while and I try to get him to take pics...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joe,
Can't say for sure when they were made because they were made for many years.
Value? Whatever you can get for them. See what new ones are selling for and go from there.
I paid $6 (total) for about 20 of them a few years back. I had several different styles. Some white, some green.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Lastgas,

I was thinking they would go for more. I looked on Ebay, but could not find this type or shape anywhere. Seeing how they have the sockets I would hope they are worth more than that.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joe,
They are worth something, but you aren't going to retire off them. Best bet is to see what they are bringing at electrical supply houses and price them accordingly. The style that us gas geeks would be interested in have a harp to hount on a 2" pipe.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
When you say electrical supply house, I assume you mean to buy NEW fixtures. I do not know of any around that might sell older fixtures unless its because I just because I never asked. ??

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes, I meant new fixtures. Get the price on similar new fixtures to give you a baseline.

J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Oh ok. However, you noted you bought 20 for $6 a while back, NEW? While it may be a baseline, I would hardly know where to go from there when it comes to antique fixtures, if they are that.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WoW

J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Wow, what??

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I say they are worth $25 a piece. Put them on ebay and you will find a buyer.

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I say check on ebay for past sales.

IMO if you offered all 3 on ebay with a 50.00 reserve, they might not get sold.. but you never know..

Not uncommon to get them at an auction for very little money....depends on the bidders..

J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Never saw any of this shape when I check the completed auction on Ebay, so I was at a loss. Saw others, some sets went for $$$, others a little less. BTW, I have four of the same, just three shown in my pics.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved