Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Steven C. #356652 Tue Sep 18 2012 09:46 AM
G
G
Originally Posted By: SC62
Ken's nozzle arrived today. It looks great. I hit it with a very fine file and some Brasso just to see how how the metal works and to break through the patina, and the casting is actually copper and the tube brass. At least that's what it looks like. It's going to look cool as hell!!!

I believe I know what I want to do with it. I found this picture within one of the links that DB posted. I don't have dollars or room for a full pump, but I would love to build up a side panel like this with all the trimmings including the white hose and all. And then mount the entire thing onto a beautifully stained piece of oak or mahogany with a nice router on the edge. Then hang the entire thing on the wall.

Ever see something like this done?

I have no knowledge of the architecture of pumps. Are these side panels separate pieces so that this could even be done?

If there are any more parts volunteers, I'll be glad to donate to the site or pay fair price for parts once I/we can figure the best parts for such a project.

Not to hyjack your thread, you are using a file to polish this nozzel? I have not had much experiance polishing brass nozzels but I would think that a file would do some damage that would not polish out. I've only polished one brass nozel. I used 0000 steel wool and metel polish, took some time and some elbow grease but came out looking very good. Just my $0.02.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Golf Nutt #356668 Tue Sep 18 2012 10:27 AM
S
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
S
The handle and tube both have a lot of nicks and a couple very small dents. These will not polish out. Way to deep. At the very least they will have to be filed/sanded out first before moving into the polishing phase. I had only hit it with a very fine jewels type file to only just break the patina.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Steven C. #356786 Tue Sep 18 2012 05:25 PM
S
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
S
Okay, so I have a plan.

I want to do a Tokheim 39 tall with side glass.

I'm going to create the entire side panel with all the fixins and the side glass so I can put some light into it. And mount the entire thing to a beautiful piece of stained wood so it can mount to the wall.
All to display the nozzle. grin Wow, this really turned into a project. I can't wait!!

Would like to do Sunoco but I have no idea at this point if I would have a prayer of finding the glass. More work to do on that.

I found most of the parts. Still researching the panel itself.

Tokheim 39 tall (2).jpg
Last edited by SC62; Tue Sep 18 2012 05:27 PM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Steven C. #356812 Tue Sep 18 2012 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reproduction Sunoco ad glasses are readily available. You should also have no problem finding a used nozzle side panel for a tall Tokheim 39. Usually when pumps are parted out the side panels are the slowest selling piece.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved