Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm heading in on Thursday to have the meniscul trimmed in my knee.Has anyone on here have that surgery done before?Just wondering what to expect.
Thanks
Joe

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Had it three months ago. No problem . Walk in, walk out. Two or three stiches and you're done. Good Luck.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joe, I've had 13 surgeries on my rt knee. (had it crushed in an Industrial Accident)

I've had everything from arthro cartilage repair, to a Bone Graft, Patellectomy (where they remove the knee cap completely) to a total muscle and ligament rebuild using cadaver donor material.... LOL

What do you want to know.... LOL

Most of these surgeries were during the 1990s, so most techniques have been greatly refined. The Dr(s) most likely will have you up moving within minutes of you waking up... They will have you elevate your leg and wear ice packs for a while...

My knee with no knee cap, at times will Hyper-extend. Which scares the snot out of me, every time... (I'm somewhat a wuss when it comes to seeing my leg bending the wrong direction) but most people can't tell that I have any knee problems unless I am tired or the weather is good and I wear shorts....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
and I wear shorts....

Now that's a scary thought!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well Joe... They Told me that it wouldnt hurt that much... In my case, they lied. Dont get me wrong, that night I was up and walking, but the next day wasnt so good. It was everything that S-girl had to offer, to keep me in good spirits, ( And dear God, I do LOVE that woman) but I did have a LOT of pain to deal with. Worry not though, as modern medicine does have a lot of good pain relievers to offer to you, in your journies to recovery.

The pain was only temporary, and recovery progressed. Though MY situation is different from yours, DO go through with the procedure... Walking is is a gift, and running is pure extasy. Someday, I hope to dance again.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Joe,
Everyone is different and handles things (pain) differently. Ihad the miniscus trimmed in my knee quite few years ago. But scheduled it on a thursday and went back to work on Monday. Not an office job by the way. A bit stiff legged but not a big deal. Go for it

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Follow the instructions. Rest, Ice and use the painkillers when you need them. I walked out of the hospital and was back to work in three days. No problems but when the pain starts, stop what you are doing and rest, put some ice on your leg and take a T3. The problems start when you push too hard and the swelling gets bad.

Looking for Canadian Imperial and Canadian North Star.
John Neilsen
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for the advice!I didn't think there would have been that many of you that have had it done.I made it 40 years with not a single surgery,I'm a liile nervous about being put under.lol
Joe

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
TAKE YOUR PAIN PILLS, before you need them! I didnt and paid for it. Tough to catch up, after the pain starts.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Going Under is Easy, it's coming back some have trouble with. Messes w/ your sleep pattern. They won't let ya go till ya quit being Goofy! LOL

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Dick if thats the case they will never let me go home!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's why Bob R & Thunder are ALWAYS on MEDS!

I had that surgery 9 years ago after a fall bent my left knee sideways. The surgery and recovery for the trim went well. Not really much discomfort. I took a couple months to heal with physical therapy. All my ligaments were sprained and my ACL had a tear along its length, but was not torn in two. Took a lot of exercises and time to get my ligaments back to somewhat normal.

Everyone is different as well as every injury is different. Hope everything goes well.

I did get a kick out of the pre-op room. The nurse asked me what I was having done. That matched what was on her chart. She then took an ink pen and wrote "YES" on my left knee and "NO" on my right knee. LOL

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
LOL Jim I would NOT be happy if the worked on the wrong knee!!
Joe

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: JP
I did get a kick out of the pre-op room. The nurse asked me what I was having done. That matched what was on her chart. She then took an ink pen and wrote "YES" on my left knee and "NO" on my right knee. LOL

Same here w/ my Pelvis, R. Knee & L. Wrist surgeries. It's a shame that Dr's can't read Legible writing, but Expect all others to read their SLOPPY Shorthand!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved