Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Hi, does anyone know the correct glass cylinder size for an 8 sided American visible gas pump? I am getting different sizes from retailers selling acrylic cylinders and no 2 answers the same. Cheers George

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
T
I have two of them and both are 25 1/2" tall by 12 1/2" OD. I ordered an acrylic for one and had them cut 1/2" off their 26" and it worked fine. Tom

G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks Tom. I just measured a broken cylinder on a pump for sale and I measured the same size as yours. The one thing I noticed is the 12-1/2' diameter glass butts up real hard against the bottom lip with no room to seal the cylinder for leaks. A 12" diameter cylinder would allow you to seal it at the base. My G&B 176 and Wayne 515 has the 1/4" gap all round the base for sealing. The acrylic cylinder sellers specify a 12" diameter but as you say, the original size is 12.5" ? I must say I am a little confused.

T
T
I just checked both of mine and there is a pretty good gap around the edges of the top and bottom castings with the 12 1/2's that I have. About 1/8" all around. Maybe yours is a little different? I think a 12" would be way too small on mine. Not even sure the markers would fit right. I just put cork gaskets and don't worry if it's not sealed. I don't plan to fill them with fuel and it gives the glass a little cushion. Tom

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved