Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31256 Fri Dec 28 2001 08:47 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I have 1 unopened bottle of LUBAL "A" Gasoline additive and 1 botle of LUBAL "K" Oil additive.They are 4 ounce bottles and I have never seen any like them before. I tried to find info. about them but I come up blank. If anyone knows, I figure it's you guys. Any info. is appreciated. The company was located in Columbus 8, Ohio and the bottles are embossed Duraglas at the base. Does anyone know the value, collectability age or info. on the company, etc. I'll attempt to post an image. Thanks.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mikemaker/_uimages/lubal.JPG

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#31257 Fri Dec 28 2001 10:25 PM
T
T
I have a bottle of Lubal also. I don't know anything about the company or the product.

But I do know that mine has the "I" within a diamond superimposed by an oval Owens-Illinois trademark on the bottom. They stopped using that trademark in 1954 and went with just the "I" within an oval. The digit(s) to the left of the logo is the year the bottle was made. Often it is only the last digit of the year.

The postal zone system was started in limited areas in 1943 and 5 digit zip codes were started system wide in 1963.

The combination of these 2 clues point to my bottle being made in 1953 since it has the pre-1954 O-I logo and a 3 to the left of that logo plus it has the single digit postal zone on the company address like yours.

#31258 Sat Dec 29 2001 10:48 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for that info, both of mine have the same "I" O diamond logo with the 3 on the left and a 9 on the right as well as a 15 below it and below that E1591 embossed. I guess I can figure that my bottles are 1953 as well. Great looking bottles, they are my favorite display pieces. Any idea as to value?

#31259 Sun Oct 09 2005 07:26 PM
C
C
New to this forum. Saw a couple of entries dated in 2001 asking about an oil additive named LUBAL. Don't know if the folks who posted the questions are still here but here goes.

In about 1948, I was 17 years old and working in a grocery market located at 373 West Rich St in Columbus Ohio. Next door was a ware house type building that was the factory and headquarters for the company that manufactured LUBAL. I talked to the owner many times. He gave me some literture regarding his product. As I recall some of the Mississippi riverboats were major uses of his products. I have no knowledge of when he went out of business.
One time the grocery where I worked got in a load of watermelons and because of lack of storage space the store asked for permission to put them in the LUBAL warehouse. Bad decision. The melons are absorbed the odor of the petro product and had to be discarded.

Charlie92551

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved