Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have quite a few metal uniform buttons (Cities Service, Mobil, Texaco and Atlantic). I presume these went on coats (Probably winter coats). And since I do not have any coats so I need to ask this question. I also presume that the 1" diameter ones are the chest buttons and the 1/2" diameter ones go on the sleeve (no brainer). Generally speaking, to the people whom have seen these on a coat, what number of buttons are on each sleeve? Could there be as many as 3 on each sleeve? Two? Probably never one. Silly really, but why I am asking is that if I have, say 8 Texaco sleeve buttons and a jacket/coat would only take 6 between the two sleeves then I could sell the other two and enhance (LOL LOL) my limited buying budget as there would be no reason to keep the excess. So even though the question above is generic, how about specifically for Texaco and Mobil? I do not have many chest buttons so I am not to the "worrying" stage yet. May seem like a silly question but thanks for providing any information you can. John

PS I know that the hat buttons have metal rods which are inserted into the hat and spread versus the coat buttons just have a metal looped backing to differentiate between the two uses.

Last edited by Fueluser; Mon Nov 26 2012 07:34 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
John, I went back through my Texaco Uniform order forms and from what I can see "Dickies", Lee and T.S. Lankford Uniform Company all show 2 buttons per sleeve on their "Winter" Coats...

So if that was the case... Each coat would have had 5 of the smaller sleeve buttons... 2 on each sleeve and an extra, in case a button came loose....

But, I could be mistaken....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Bob for your reply and taking the time to look at your order forms. John

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved