Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Boy I checked out the signs on ebay yesterday and was amazed at the huge amount of repo fake signs on ebay now from India. It is getting ridiculous, I remember few years back there were a few but now there are thousands on there. They must be making tons of them over there.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Its as if all they have to do in that country is to answer our customer service calls and make fake signs!

Jim

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Some folks are very industrious, if there is money somewhere, they will work to get it.

Still looking for that Union 76 ball
And I collect big old porcelain neon signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
56, look these are my observations . I'll get into page three of E-bay and that's all I see, ( REPOP ) !They'd do everyone a favor and just seperate it into REAL , Real old , and REPOP.

Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I agree, I have felt for a long time that ebay should make more modifications in their search as it takes me forever to go thru signs even when I narrow it down by price, collectibles and narrowest advertising, still alot of junk and reproductions are there. Mentioned this to ebay before with no luck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: 56chiefstar
I agree, I have felt for a long time that ebay should make more modifications in their search as it takes me forever to go thru signs even when I narrow it down by price, collectibles and narrowest advertising, still alot of junk and reproductions are there. Mentioned this to ebay before with no luck

In the words of one of my favorite Pop bands /recording artists - Firesign Theater ; "Heavy on de 30 wheight Maw "..............

Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Majority of reproduction signs are made in North America, that is a fact.

Very small percentage are made overseas. Local signs are a greater problem. Check out this guys listings and feedback. These are common American made reproductions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texaco-9-Inch-Cu...-/321032700695?

There are hundreds of sellers like him on e-Bay. The reproduction problem is home grown. It's easy to point the finger overseas. Fact is, it's happening much closer to home.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Well I notice the India ones, there is something about them I can tell right away its from there. I remember probably around 15 years ago buying an Everyready battery sign with the man holding the flashlight porcelain sign at Brimfield before I knew about India signs. Fortunately I was told by someone there that it was a fake from India, got a refund of the $500 I spent and then I started learning about the India ones

Last edited by 56chiefstar; Sat Dec 01 2012 09:13 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved