Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#384075 Sun Jan 06 2013 08:21 PM
Fozzman Offline OP
OP Offline
I am not a shell guy, however, I say this sign at a local flea market and it got my attention as to AeroShell and the authenticity of this sign. I did some google searching and saw that all signs for AeroShell, SHELL was in the shell portion of the sign, right where the silver empty space is on this one.

I could not find any silver/black images (but I did not do an exhaustive search,) and ran this picture by some others and it was not familiar to them either.

It was recommended to float it past you all here and you could shoot it down or provide some history if it is real.

This sign is a thin metal (tin or aluminum?) and the design is pressed from the back making it raised on the front.

There is nothing on the back, I cant recall if it was silver or white, but I do know it was plain. No porcelain or enamel either.

Not sure why this became an itch that needed scratching, but hoping you all could provide some clarity. I have not been back to see if the sign was still there, but I believe they were asking somewhere in the 75.00 department.

Thanks for the help.

Brian

aeroshell.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Fozzman #384412 Tue Jan 08 2013 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Where are you on this Randy??

hawkike #384430 Tue Jan 08 2013 01:14 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
The font style looks 80s as does the sign cut with rounded edges. Maybe a reject since the name is missing?

Looking at this

[img]http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/1/0/4/7/a528293-247-Aeroshell%20T-6.jpg?d=1120334107[/img]

Wonder if maybe this sign wasn't finished in the processing line?

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
carolinaskies #384632 Wed Jan 09 2013 10:51 AM
Fozzman Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys for looking into this. I really was asking out of curiosity's sake and it seems that there is really no way to know for sure. Which I kinda thought might be the answer, given the newish look to it and the incompleteness of the label.

I really appreciate all the help.

Fozzman #384649 Wed Jan 09 2013 12:59 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Without knowing more, I think paying what they were asking would be a stretch whereas if it had been $20 you would no doubt brought it home.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved