Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#386011 Mon Jan 14 2013 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Look familiar?
Have it on very good authority that this is not an original made during the 1950's,and is instead one of Waynesclocks.com reproduction clocks,which he sells today for $350.
Somebody recently painted KING CHEVROLET on one of Waynes blank plates too.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Seller is full of it. Sates, "have owned it for years".

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
everything has a story- his completed listings
tells the story.. cool

RANDY
R
R
Originally Posted By: Cold Pizza
Look familiar?
Have it on very good authority that this is not an original made during the 1950's,and is instead one of Waynesclocks.com reproduction clocks,which he sells today for $350.
Somebody recently painted KING CHEVROLET on one of Waynes blank plates too.

Yes, it looks familiar, I think you had the same one listed last month and it to was called original

Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
That's right,I did list a reproduction for sale here last month,which is why I listed this identical one.

(I asked a moderator to later DELETE that entire topic after posting it,(they did),as I had deleted the photos of that clock I took,after it sold,to make room in my Pbucket acct.for different ones.The photos now appearing in that topic were unrelated to the clock.
I didn't know that's what happens when you delete photos.I thought this site automatically copied them when you post.
As well as the new buyer of my clock asked if I would delete the topic altogether,so I did.)

My TIME clock was given to me as an early X-Mas gift from a family member who bought it for me.
It was represented to them as an original that was restored.I later found out it was not.(The amount of $800 was later returned to that family member by me,for what they paid for it)
It also arrived with a broken neon tube,plus I really had no place inside or in the garage to hang it,so I decided to sell it for $750,because of the broken neon tube,which was a $55 + fix,and still thinking it was an "original".
Within days of posting,two people on this site were very instrumental with details on how to tell a real from a repro.
Once it was determined mine was a repro.,I lowered the price to $300,for which it sold hours later.
I wish I kept my photos,as they are identical in almost every detail to the one on eBay now.

If you go to WaynesNeonCocks.com and click on the price list here:
http://www.waynesneonclocks.com/partspricelist.pdf
you will see Wayne sells a complete reproduction Chevrolet neon TIME clock,part #2800 for $350.
And also the white Neon tube,part#2802 for $55.
He also sells each individual part for the Chevy TIME clock,totaling $412.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I was wondering what happened to the entire post. Let me get this straight. So you receive an early Xmas clock from a family friend they pay $800 for from someone. What a xmas present! Then you try and sell it on here as a 50 year old clock, but find its a repo and pay your family member the $800 back he paid? Then after you find it’s a repo, you then sell it for $300 (a $500 loss to you)?

Who did you say sold it to them, so we dont get burned by them as I or anyone else dont want to lose $500? Since you say "it arrived with a broken neon" I assume it was shipped.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That sucks that one of your family members got ripped off and then you had to take the hit. I'll bet you want to wring the guys neck that sold it to them. Was it a guy that normally deals in advertising?That would have been a smokin deal-800.00 bucks for a NOS clock.
One way to tell the new clock is by seeing the back. Amongst other things, like zero patina.lol The guy on Ebay gives it away by showing the back of his. I think Woody will print what you want on the name plate, but I may be mistaken. By the way, here are the back of two original Lackner clocks The one with the square opening is a Chevy Time clock.

IMG_0228.JPG IMG_0229.JPG
Last edited by JimT; Tue Jan 15 2013 07:42 PM.
JimT #386423 Tue Jan 15 2013 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Bud Miley
It was shipped to my 78 year old uncle who bought the clock for me.Just a little thank you for helping him find & relocate to a new house this year,after my aunt died.
I listed it for sale on here because I really had no place to hang it at all,and it had a broken neon tube.He soon understood & new I'd rather have the money.
I first listed here it as an original that was newly restored & repainted,as is what my uncle was told.I did not doubt him.
Two members on this site contacted me within days after I listed it and told me what to look for.I had no idea Waynesclocks had every single part available in reproduction today,as well as the entire clock as a whole.
I then gave my uncle the full amount he paid back,after I found out what it really was once I listed it on here,much to his surprise & mine.
I never said who sold it to him & am still working at getting in touch w/the person right now.

Thanks for the pics JimT.

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Those have been around for awhile. The first one I saw was at Charlotte in a booth for sale as a dealership find. Bad thing about it, some guy paid big for it. Next year, the seller found another one. Even looked like the same sign taped to the clock. Security at the track finally asked us to stop questioning him about it. That was fun while it lasted.

wocopep #386476 Wed Jan 16 2013 05:38 AM
R
R
"I first listed here it as an original that was newly restored & repainted".

Cold Pizza, the above quote must have been deleted before I printed your original post, my printed copy of your post has some very different wording. Hey, it is your story, tell it as you want.

Here is another quote in the current post that is just not right:

"As well as the new buyer of my clock asked if I would delete the topic altogether,so I did. "

One will never know, but was the new buyer in fear of what the original post would do to the long or short term value of the clock? As humans, we each have an opinion, you know where my opinion is!

Last edited by Rudy Owens; Wed Jan 16 2013 05:39 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved