Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Why does one keep old pumps,signs,cars or anything old, it is possible they perceive the objects to be a direct link to their past or childhood. After making deliveries for a major parcel company for over thirty years in a rual area,just retired, I witnessed first hand( I am going to restore that old pump). I have tried to buy many of the 10 gallon visible pumps for years,still six left on my old area. Just today ,visting a friend, I drove by one of the 10 gallons. It now has a vine about 4 inches in dia. growing up,thru, and around it's body. Because you can't see the pump for the vine, most people would not know it is a pump. Think I will take the advise of someone in the forum, I will go ask one more time.
Bob

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Give it a shot Bob, you never know. Keep us posted! Welcome to the party!!!!!

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
i like reading these posts. LOL!!! --- man something sittin right there in front of you & you want it sooooooo bad but you just cant pry it out of em! LOL!!!!! IT EATS YA RIGHT UP!!!
they arent ever gonna touch it, they wont sell it, its sits tormenting you!!! LOL! (ive been there!) but ive been lucky, i snag the goodies around here alot of the time cause i keep stopping back, ---- i say, hey im gonna buy this thing from you today! how hard does it come off anyway? LOL! i start jokin around. i say i need this thing, & why!?? i dont know but i need it!

one time i had about 423.39 or something in my front pocket all crammed in there, i got 400 bucks outta the bank, 3 one hundreds & a 50 & 2 twenties a five & had about 23? bucks on me, i pushed it all mixed up in my pocket all wrinkled up & i pulled it out & handed to the guy while we were standing on the porch, i said hold this. wait heres more, change & everything. LOL!!! (A MIXED UP UNORGANIZED WAD OF MOOOOOLA) i pulled my whole pocket out, brushed the lint off & said: look, im not sure how much is there! i dont wanna know, DONT TELL ME EITHER!!! just count it. i said i knew i shouldnt have stopped here today!!! (LOL!) im gonna go look at this thing again. while im walking to look at it again for LIKE the 100th time, i yelled to him how the o-ladys gonna kill me, probably take me a week to unhook it to i suppose, etc... LOL!!!!!!!
that worked slick! he kept the big bills & handed me back the change, 1s 5S & 20s while looking for a pipe wrench in the pump house.
awwww this comes off easy, ill cap it off in the morning he says. that day i drove off with a cherry wayne 60! with a globe holder, & phillips 77 ad glass!!!!!!! i bet about 20 different guys tried to buy that pump. everyone talked about it all the time, one guy capped off the globe hole with a coffee can even years ago so it kept the weather out. id been there at least 3 times before myself! LOL!!!!!!
heres the bad part: a friend of mine showed me this pump years before & he wanted it. unwritten laws between us state he who finds, owns it. so i took it over to him & he said howd you ever get that? i said im not sure but its 350.00. he paid me, there it sits at his house!!! hes done the same for me. or led me to some goodies! --- someone just had to have it at that point, after all those years nobody cared who got it, it just had to be had!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved