Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I know people do not like the idea to give pay pal that percent but I will never buy anything on line unless they take pay pal because when you pay now you have proof and at best you give them about 4 days to ship.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
E
OP Offline
E
I just don't understand why all of my post were moved out of public view because of miscommunication between another member and I....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: essogasoil
I just don't understand why all of my post were moved out of public view because of miscommunication between another member and I....

give the mods a chance to read all this and re-grant posting rights to your account. they dont just sit on here 24/7, so be patient - they'll get to it and im guessing probably correct everything

you could also PM them, the mods for this section are Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog6

Last edited by baileybee; Mon Mar 18 2013 09:44 AM.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
JGD Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If you set up paypal in full, there is NOT ANY fee sending or receiving money. You just need to set up some different validation/verification with paypal (just like with any bank, you can read up on their website). The only real disadvantage with paypal that I can think of is transferring money from your paypal to your bank account has a minimum ($100 i believe) which is not really a big deal in my opinion. As long as you transfer over $100, that's even free.

Last edited by JGD; Mon Mar 18 2013 09:47 AM.

Jon
E
OP Offline
E
I received a payment for an antique barbers chair on paypal, sold it privately not on ebay, and they charged me a huge fee for it

JGD Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've never been charged a fee for sending or receiving money (after i verified my bank account and CC, etc, years ago), I guess I stand corrected and am just speaking from my experience. I'm sure their fine print would have the details on what they charge and when.

Jon
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
it wont charge you to send money if your synced or verified with your bank account. however, it does take a fee to receive funds unless the sender sends them as a gift.

the fee is close to 3.5%

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
JGD Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Are you sure about that? Their website basically says that the fee only applies if someone is paying with credit card (which I believe you can set your account to not accept CC)

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=94013

Jon
E
OP Offline
E
my main reason for NOT using them is that they are unsecure as hell..last year someone in the UK got in to our acct somehow and went on a $2,000.00 spending spree and paypal fought with us for months about how I must have been in the UK or my wife was there...terrible

Online Cool
This is a perfect example of a "perfect storm" situation.

* The seller could have avoided an appearance of not shipping by sending the buyer a message saying the item was shipped with a date and tracking number.

* The buyer could be more realistic to allow for mailing time for the payment and time for the check to clear.

* The seller could have answered the PM messages promptly to keep the buyer informed and assured.

* The buyer needs to be accurate in the actual time span and not over react during a reasonable transaction period.

* Both parties in a transaction should communicate privately with a reasonable time for response before posting issues in the public forum.

Sometimes a moderator has to restrict a member's account just to get their attention to react to a difficult situation.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have a separate checking account for my pay pal which I keep about $200 in it all the time and if I buy something that cost more I add funds, I would never link an account to Pay Pal that had more funds than I want to risk.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
E
OP Offline
E
separate account is the way go now after a hard lesson learned last year....

E
OP Offline
E
likeitall..please send me a pm..I have your tracking number, but I can't send it to you because my messaging has been disabled

Online Cool
I just got the tracking number for the Eveready display:
9505 5103 7497 3078 3676 12

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved