Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36616 Mon May 19 2003 07:16 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Has anyone shipped pumps via truck/ freight? what companies will do this and cost?
Thanks.
Al

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#36617 Mon May 19 2003 07:46 PM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Most truck lines will "interline" with others. In other words, most any truck company will pick it up then pass it off to another that will be going your direction.

I had a Tokheim 850 shipped from upstate NY to Texas a couple of years ago. Cost me about $200.00. Be sure to list the cargo as used fuel pump and declare a value. Listing as antique anything will cost you lots more.

#36618 Mon May 19 2003 07:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
350 POUNDS FROM IDAHO TO FLORIDA COST ME $410.00.. IN A "COFFIN" STYLE BOX.. IT WAS DAMAGED ON THE WAY.. BE SURE TO CHECK AROUND ON PRICES AND GET INSURANCE.. FRANK..

#36619 Mon May 19 2003 08:26 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Frankie phone around, i am shipping ( hasnt left yet so I am not 100% sure) a 2.3 x3.3 5.3 crate to Germany. It weighs about 550 lbs The quote to ship was 375 US with 6000.00 US insurance. They pick it up at my door and bring it to the terminal ( not at a port) in Munich... pretty racey deal
. To ship a palleted Harley from here by moving truck to east coast USA is about 6oo uSD , my shipper said if it was boxed it would be way less than that. the name is Danko or Danzo..dont have it here in front of me, They may not be able to help you.
I think the guys you are using are slipping you THE PROVERBIAL HOSE !!!!!!!!!!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Avoiding HOSERS... Take off you HOSERS EH !!!.....dodogas

#36620 Mon May 19 2003 08:32 PM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Forward Air.. $200.00 Terminal to Terminal. Also FED EX Ground.. Cheap and you don't have to pack or crate it...Check it out.

Thought for the day:
"A penny saved is a Government Oversight"

------------------
Frank

Frank
#36621 Tue May 20 2003 05:53 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the info guys.
Al

#36622 Tue May 20 2003 07:04 AM
J
J
Hi: Last fall I shipped 3 pumps from Wisconsin to California. I asked on the forum then too. This is how I ended up doing it. I went to a public motor carrier (used yellow pages) and told them what I wanted to do. They gave me 3 pallets and I bolted the pumps on. Went to the local transfer dump station and got some cardboard boxes which refigerators had been shipped in and slit them lengthwise and wrapped them around the pumps like a cocoon, using a roll of duct tape around and around. My total cost for preparing for shipping was about $5.00 each. The first one took a couple of hours but by the third I think I did it in an hour. The motor carrier took it terminal to terminal and I used a small trailer to haul the pumps one at a time to the terminal. They billed the recipient upon recieving the pumps and I did not have to pay up front.
NOW this is important. They quoted me a list price based on weight which was over $200 per pump. You had to ASK for a discounted price and they took a percentage of their list. Who knows how they come up with it but I shipped all three pumps for a little over $300. And one was a Wayne 70 and did I ever mark that one "Top Heavy". My buyer picked them up at a terminal near his home and wrote me all three arrived in good condition. I would not have a problem about doing it this way again. A little work on my part enabled me to make a nice sale.

Good Luck.

------------------

#36623 Tue May 20 2003 07:07 PM
R
R
I just had a pump shipped from North Carolina to Kentucky for 52 dollars through Yellow freight. They will give you a big discount if you ship from a buisness to a buisness. So I had the guy ship it from his wifes work to where I work. Give them a call and check it out. Even if they pick it up at your house and deliver to another house it should't be as much as some of these other quotes. Good luck, Dean

#36624 Tue May 20 2003 07:14 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I like $52 bucks even better Dean!
Al

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved