Next Thread
Print Thread
#426666 Sun Jun 30 2013 06:26 PM
W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Sorry I forgot to take a picture but it's 1920's??? porcelain double sided blue and white letters saying I think... my memory might be off.... about 30 inches across and 20 inches tall approved Delco - Light sales and service. I tried looking in a few books to find a price on it. It's got a about 5 dime size chips on one side and silver dollar chip on the other side. Decent shine. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks in advance. Lyle

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Along with petro. items I also collect and restore Delco-Light electric plants. I have 12 plants, 6 of which run and do generate 32 volts of direct current electicity for farm use. between 1916 when they were invented until 1947. When the REA found their way to rural ,America. The porcelain signs are very hard to find, as there were not a lot of them made. the cheapest one I have ever found was at Peotone Ill. about two years ago, $1600.00. I passed on it. I settled for a couple of SST ones from John Mancino which were in great shape. The word DELCO is actually an acronym meaning Dayton Engineering Laboratory Company, which Gen. Motors still uses today.

Norm Huff
W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Thanks Norm. A friend gave me a pamplet from Delco - Light too. What do you think today's estimate of the sign... I know it's hard to say without pictures of it tho.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Since the fellow that I priced one from about 2 years ago, for $1600.00 still has not sold it. I am guessing about $800.00 to $1000.00 with small chips. IMO.

Norm Huff
W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Thanks for your input Norm!

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved