Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Welcome to oldgas. Looks like ya got some pretty cool stuff.

If you don't mind a little more critique, your site is VERY wordy. I'm a bullet point kind of guy which most websites accommodate that with links to more information if so desired.
Also, only having stuff on 1/3 of the page with the left and right sides blank should be addressed as the scrolling got old.

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm addressing the visibility issue asap.
I'm restricted to my low budget website building program thru godaddy so the only using 1/3 of the screen thing really annoys me too, but I have no choice.
I am ultra-super small and trying to build something great starting with a less than a broken shoestring kinda budget, so please don't be turned away by my lack of professionalism at this point of my 'upstart'. I'm really trying to get more and better items in here and feel like I've not done too bad so far with the items that I've acquired. As time goes by, if there is some sucess, I will be upgrading every aspect of the shoppe to make sure things are able to progress and grow to suit the needs of the people that want these items, if anybody does?!??
I know I'm also kinda wordy, but it's me and I would rather let the potential customer know as much as possible.
Most potential customers do not know even a quarter of what all of you folks on here do, and they usually have never seen anything like some of these things. (Hell, I personally have never even seen a visible or a gas pump with a sightglass and spinner, working and dispensing gas or any fluid.) They have a varacious curiosity, like that of a child, and most of the time, they want to know as much as possible about a item that has caught thier eye. I love researching and finding out the history of each item I can!
So, it all comes down to how do I make everybody happy with what I'm doing? I can't look at it that way because it will blow up my head and ruin any chance I have at making this sucessful.
I will try my best to find and recover long burried and looked over Americana items and further I will also do my best to pass them on, at a reasonable cost or trade, to a party that will appreciate them and do thier best to respect thier historical value and relativity. The Amazing people of our Great country Makes amazing things and used to make a whole bunch more amazing things and it's a bunch of fun to be able to do this and that is some of the why I hope to be able to continue doing this!
Thanx to all of You that have taken the time to check out what I'm trying to do, and I will always welcome constructive criticizm from anyone of ya on here!!! Take care and drive/ride safe!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sent you a PM; it's the little blinking light at the top of the page next to the words "My Stuff" wink

Thanks

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
C
C
dave, it was a pleasure to speak with you last night...am excited to get those pieces.... and that last post was very well put... keep on keeping on brother!!!

always looking for gas, oil, tobacco and other signs of all nature !!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
View the image you want on ImageShack and click on "Embed this image"

Click in the text box for "Forums" under Embed this Image.

Right click in that box and choose "Copy" from the pop-up menu

Go to your topic here on Shop Talk and right click within the message box in the post submission form. Choose "Paste" from the pop-up menu.

The correct image code will appear, so the picture will display.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanx for that and here we go again!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Oldgas; Tue Nov 06 2012 10:12 PM. Reason: edit to remove non-petro items from Petroliana For Sale forum
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Last edited by Oldgas; Tue Nov 06 2012 10:10 PM. Reason: edit to remove non-petro items from Petroliana For Sale forum
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
1930-1940s Jack Stands

U.S. Royal Sign Hanging on the side of the Man-Cave Shoppe with some license plates and a Monterey Ca. Hwy Sign.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
THANK YOU PRIMARILY PETROLIANA FOR PROVIDING SUCH A KICK BUTT FORUM AND THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE FOLKS CHECKING THIS THREAD OUT!!!
BADGER TIRES AND UNITED STATES TIRES SIGNS ARE SOLD TO A WONDERFUL MEMBER OF THIS SITE!!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Your pm box is full...

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Rainbow Gas Pump (Wayne 100B) is gone!!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

I've found some great new stuff!!
Please call (509) 847-5893 or email me at bigdaddydave@man-cave-shoppe.com if anything intrests you because I screwed up on here, when I was a 'early newbie', and my account, here, has been put under restrictions and I can't receive or send PMs.

TAKE CARE AND DRIVE/RIDE SAFE!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sent email about Rainbow map.

Scot

Looking for nearly anything related to Signal Oil

Go Farther!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanx old gas and members!!!
RAINBOW MAP is sold.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved