Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38973 Sun Aug 05 2007 10:17 AM
M
markk Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi All! Complete "newbie" here. I purchased a pair of 756 Bennett pumps from a local farmer. They came from a local service station. What is neat about it is they are a matched pair, one regular, one premium. All complete no broken glass etc. Paint/decals extremely rough. Started restoration recently on them. A few questions:
1. Can the date of manufacture be determined from the serial #?
2. Are the chrome caps for the hose guard roller available aftermarket?
3. Were the bases of these pumps generally painted the same color as the main body, or black?
4. When you folks have been restoring pumps for display (indoors?) do you typically remove the pump(ing) mechanisms for weight reasons..If so, are the pumps worth anything other than scrap?

Thanks for any help/advice!
Mark

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#38974 Sun Aug 05 2007 12:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
First of all, welcome to the best darn petro site in the world!!!! To answer a few of your questions, black would probably be appropriate, unless the company that you choose, used something else. As far as the internals, remove them. Two more things to check out..... http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001409.html
Then get "The Guide to Gas Pump restoration" available here, in the bookstore. http://www.oldgas.com/pp_books.htm
After that, keep us posted. Lots of pics please. BTW.... Welcome to the madness.....

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved