Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39271 Thu Apr 17 2003 09:36 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Back again. I posted a question, 12-14-02,about a Pugh map I found and had several nice responses. From them I did a little digging and ended up phoning Mr. Pugh of Racine. Am waiting until I can make a trip to Racine, WI.

Now I have found another map, also not listed by H.& B.in their logo book. It is of the Regent Gas & Oil Co. 9651 Ewing Ave. Chicago,ILL. On the cover it said "Compliments of your Regent Money Saver Stations" and on the back said Stations located Illinois & Indiana

Two questions: 1) Is the company still in business? 2) How would you classify these companies, as independents or are they just one of many many companies an old map collector is turning up?

Thinking about this has got me into interested in several general question about Petroliana.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#39272 Thu Apr 17 2003 09:44 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Hi JOHN------ I replyed to your post about PUGH oil co. and this subject about REGENT oil and gas co.I also have been wondering about.I cant answer either of your questions but have a related item.I aquired a BENNET 756 pump a little over a year ago and there was a pump plate on it that said REGENT gasoline, and I have been trying to find some information on that company.would be glad to take a picture of it and send it to you if your interested. either way good to hear from you again.---------JERRY

------------------

JERRY
#39273 Thu Apr 17 2003 09:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLEASE POST A PICTURE HERE????? WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT!!!

#39274 Fri Apr 18 2003 05:51 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the quick replies. My scanner doesn't work to send a photo for posting. I need a guru to figure it out. However I will send copies to the moderator for posting. Finding these old maps is fun and you need to be part detective. On that Pugh map & company, there was also an unrelated company in North Carolina and in talking with Mr. Pugh he said there was one in Florida too.

#39275 Fri Apr 25 2003 08:58 AM
Here are some road map scans that John Hoefer sent in:

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved