Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
I have Carter Carb Gasket Assortment Wall Rack for sale. The sign at the top is in reasonably good condition....given that the rest of the rack has seen better days.

This old Carter rack is 41-1/2" high by 17" wide, and dates from the 1930's.

The rack has some surface rust, and some dents here and there. A fair amount of the original red paint is still present. The bottom of the rack is quite lacy (rusted through!), as shown in the one photo. Again, I was attacted to this Carter rack some time back because I like "Carter" items, and the top graphics were in reasonably good condition.

Given the overall condition of this rack (some good points, and some problems), I just don't know what to ask. So, if you're interested in this Carter item, please PM me with your offer. Secure packing and shipping won't pose any problems. Thanks for looking. John

acr1DSC00003.jpg acr2DSC00008.jpg acr4DSC00013.jpg acr3DSC00010.jpg
Last edited by Jolly-John; Fri Aug 09 2013 06:58 PM.
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

L
L
FYI I have the same rack only in like new shape with gasket kits and can't sell it for 200. Larry

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Larry , you have yours listed for $500.00 ?????

www.trifivechevys.com
www.knifegates.com

Looking to buy Sealed Power Piston rings ITEM's
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Hi, Larry. Thanks for checking in. I saw your most recent, completed eBay listing for your Carter gasket wall rack at $199, plus $50 shipping. I also spotted another identical Carter rack in very good condition that DID get sold on eBay about a week before your auction.

Hard to say what that Carter rack went for. It had an asking price of $399, plus $50 shipping, and it was listed as "SOLD, with Best Offer Accepted".

One wonders what would happen, if you offered your Carter rack and gaskets here on Old Gas for $199, plus the shipping! It might just get sold! Thanks again for your input. John

Last edited by Jolly-John; Sat Aug 10 2013 10:47 AM.
L
L
I started at 500 not knowing the value. Another one was listed for 799 with no one buying it on ebay is what I based it on. My last listing which closed item number 111124656567 was for 199.99 with no bids. I will sell it for 200 plus shipping costs. Check my closed items on other stuff also. Thanks, Larry

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Plus Paypal fees. You can't require Paypal Gift.

J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
O.K. Gang....now back to the "less than mint" Carter Gasket Assortment Rack I started this post with!!! Looking for a offer on it. By the way, I would remove the sign and sell just that, if someone was interested in it for a display item. That would cut down on the shipping costs. Thanks again for looking. John

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved