Next Thread
Print Thread
#466246 Sat Sep 28 2013 08:55 AM
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Good morning guys. First time Ive been in this section, as most postings from me are my gas pump restorations and or issues. I most recently purchased a National 9 pull vending cigarette machine circa: about 1957. Now not being a smoker I have always been drawn to these very much art deco retro looking machines. This one was a great buy and only needing a few minor pieces. For weeks Ive been searching the internet,Ebay, posting everyone from Fun-Tronics, Memory Lane and so on, trying to find contacts of collectors or someone with a machine for parts or sales etc. My leads have gotten no where and I would find it odd that they have all been scrapped. I do have a manual from Memory Lane and Curtis was helpful but not enough. Anyone out there have a lead on who might have these units or parts for my needs? Im hoping I dont have the Anti-Christ of vending machines! Thanks, I will check this posting frequently. Once again I already have a machine and dont need another just a few important bits and pieces for mine. Roger..................

Last edited by Roger Loupias; Sat Sep 28 2013 04:28 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Post a picture ? I know two people that have cigarette machines they would sell. The first picture is a National I think, and is near me in Va.

The other is a DuGrenier machine and it is upstate NY.

023.JPG 068.JPG
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thanks, for your input, I cant copy and paste on my system, but here is the exact model I have that someone is selling on Ebay 221260523613 thanks.....Roger

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I hauled all of those to the dump in the 80's. I took springs out of them first. Their owner said that they were taking up too much space. lol Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thats crazy, and look what they can fetch now that so many man caves are into the retro and art deco look. See if you can dig one up after 30 years, I only need two pieces. Roger

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have kept a machine like that as a someday project to add to my collection it is in great original condition. I have also sold one last year to someone that has restored it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I bought this machine and sold it the next day. I am still regretting not keeping it.

039.JPG
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
OH MY! That thing was screaming keep me and do me right. Too bad thats gone, they just dont come around much any more. It looks like an early national, 40's maybe, just missing the mirror. So kool by a pump or old round top soda machine. If its old and vends its a keeper. Hope someone still comes in with a tip or lead for me with my needs..............Roger

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Most pumps won't pump anymore, why make a machine vend when you don't smoke or sell cigs?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Put candy cigs in it.
Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thats a good point Dick. I dont want a vintage pump in my game room to dispense fuel. And yes Ive never smoked, but I feel its just the final completed phase of pulling out the knob and seeing a pack of smokes drop. Only to replace it back in rack. I couldn't imagine my old Cavalier 72 round top coke machine not letting me yank thru the gate a nice cold ten cent bottle. Thats just me..........

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Catauladave
Put candy cigs in it.
Dave

Dave, Have you bought any lately?
NOO.

Roger, Fill your soda machine w/ BEER, You'll always have a Garage Full of buddies wanting 10¢ Beer!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No...I have seen them at the flea market. Expensive ? LOL
Dave

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Candy-Cigarettes...=item230f7f4e00

Last edited by Catauladave; Sat Sep 28 2013 06:44 PM.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved