Next Thread
Print Thread
B
badgas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
My father-in-law has had this pump for a few years. It's complete except for the top.

Any idea on who made the pump and the model #? Any value? Any idea where I can get a top for it?

Thanks, Ilya

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
ERIE..looks like it takes a milkglass top.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
this is an erie 70 and wow! finally get to see one with a correct globe mount. betcha a bunch that T-way will try to talk you into letting him have the mount to copy. pls let him. the standard metal surround top goes on top of this pump, not the milk glass piece.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Ilya:

Your pump is a Erie 70. It is missing the steel top piece (and all the stainless trim that goes on it).

As Gary mentioned, you do have the globe mount. These are not that hard to make if you did not have one. They're just four pieces of flat stock bent 90-degrees at the bottom to mount to the upper pump manifold/frame top and a steel globe ring.

All five pieces just bolt together and then mount to the top of the frame.

You also have three holes on the uprights that allow you to adjust the height of the globe as it sits down into the steel top piece. I assume this adjustment is for differences in height on a Capco, steel or 'Shell' Clamshell.

Here is a very rare 'glass top' for the Erie 70. It sits on the standard steel top piece these pumps used.

And here's a shot of my top sitting on the frame. The thin horizontal Stainless Steel trim on the sides has not been installed in this shot - but I've done it since I took this image.

Note that this shot also shows the correct Tower Base - which I have added 'extra' SS Trim to. These would not have been on the pump originally.

If you need the SS Trim for your pump, I have complete sets of reproduction pieces available. See the web site for information.

I also have some original SS trim for these pumps if anybody needs a couple of pieces to complete their restoration.

And . . . If anyone would be willing to loan me one of the steel tops, I'd see about getting some reproduced. I don't want to use mine as it painted and finished.

Jim

Always buying Ethyl Globes, Ethyl Single Lenses & Misc Ethyl Items.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Since I put my GLASS top on a pump, I have an extra unpainted one I'll loan ya Jim.
Email your address.

db

B
badgas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
I'd love to get my hands on either of the tops. From what I've read, the tops are worth more than the pump.

The search continues.

Thanks!

Ilya

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Dick:

The piece I need to borrow is the one all the SS Trim goes onto. Not the flat two-piece cover that seals the top of the pump and goes around the globe mount.

On your pump, the glass is sitting on it. On my pump, the Tower Base is sitting on it.

There seems to be a fair amount of demand for this piece. I'll do some digging and see if I can turn one up to use as a pattern.

Later . . .

Jim

[This message has been edited by T-way (edited 10-09-2006).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,
In the picture you posted of my glass top. the sheetmatal piece is an Extra one. The pump came complete with the clips for the glass.
db

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved