Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
KF9AU Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Going through my closets, I found a Sinclair Gasoline Inflatable Dinosaur, with RED lettering - never been out of the box, (I can see the red lettering from the side). How can I find out the approximate value of this - I really don't want to auction it off (and I don't utilize EBAY or other online auction services to try to look up past auction pricing). My guess is this is from the early - middle 1960's from Northern Indiana where I grew up. I know the Sinclair gas stations disappeared out the that area around 1970 or so. Thanks for any/all feedback.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
KF9AU, Welcome to oldgas.com. I have seen a few of these at various meets in the past but I dont remember what price they were asking.Im sure someone on this site with have an idea of value.

T
TMC Offline
T
Sinclair are selling these again, but Iv'e never seen them in the stations only in the marketing guide,it lists them for sug. retail price $1.99 each.Black letters.Price sure seems cheap.In a sinclair collectables book it lists the originals as being worth $20-25,if I remember correctly.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I have 3 of them (not old).All different
sizes and two different styles. I paid
from $5.00 to $15.00

------------------
JERRY

JERRY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
While its true they were available in the 60's, many that you see for sale today are from the 80's, 90's, and are still available at the stations today. $5-$10 is about the going rate for the red lettered ones.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved