Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43865 Fri Aug 22 2003 01:17 PM
S
S Hardy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I was wondering about visa-gauges. Did pump companies produce them, or were they made by other companies? Which one would be appropriate for an accurate restoration on an Erie 753? What is a fair market price for such and item and does anyone out there have an extra one that they might want to part with? Thanks for any information in advance.

Steve

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#43866 Fri Aug 22 2003 03:09 PM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Steve , check with POGOGAS he has at least 3 on ebay right now , he had about 5 or 6 at one time , the ones that I've seen run about 175.00 to 300.00 depending on there condition, there are a lot of differant looking ones out there , most pump companys had there own style, I've been looking for one for a Bennett 132 or 150 for about a year now. good luck

Chris Holt
#43867 Fri Aug 22 2003 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve
I do happen to have one, its on ebay right now for $169 which I think is cheap,I do have half dozen different ones I've decided to part with you can see them on my website. I bought another one yesterday for a Wayne 576, and paid $250 for it plus $35 for shipping. I already have one, but they are so hard to come by, I couldn't let it go. Like Chris said they are generally hard to find.........

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

[This message has been edited by pogogas (edited 08-22-2003).]

#43868 Sat Aug 23 2003 12:25 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The guages that were on the pump when it was new were made by the pump companies, but there were a great deal of after-market guages made by independent companies.
One more thing, many of the pump companies changed the size or shape of the guages during the run of a particular pump, so sometimes a particular pump could have two guages that are correct.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#43869 Sun Aug 24 2003 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
INTERESTING.............

#43870 Sun Aug 24 2003 03:05 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
yeah like the visigauges on an 861 wayne,on some the hose drops out at an angle while others drop straight down & take up alot less room & you can get another pump closer to it etc... the first 861s i got dropped straight down & i thought thats how it was!?! then i sold those clockfaces to support my wayne 60 habit, i went out & found a couple more 861s & the darn things drop at an angle!!! if i only would have known i sure would of held onto the ol straighties!!!!!!!!
LIVE & LEARN!
They say you learn from your mistakes!
SOOOOOO BY NOW I SHOULD BE A GENIUS!!!
BUT........i guess it'll be quite awhile yet!!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved