Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
the twin went back to the original owner. it was in pretty good shape, just really dirty. was only missing a nozzle

Always looking for Red Indian Tins, McColl Frontenac, McColl Bros., Buffalo (prarie cities oil co), Stellarene and other western canadian tins.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: canadianoilguy
the twin went back to the original owner. it was in pretty good shape, just really dirty. was only missing a nozzle

Good to hear it went back home...

RI rack sold for 10,500, and Buffalo globes and the Vaccum sign went to an OG'er. Guys from Alberta bought lots of cans and signs. I got a couple things but bought 10x as much from collectors visited on the way back. My truck is absolutely full right now. Got more Red Head too. wink

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
Auctions in Canada seem to attract a very good audience and prices seem to be really strong.

I find prices in Canada are always higher. That is why I shop south. Next stop for me is the Pomona swap meet.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
cool stuff westerngas. what did you get at the auction?

I checked out the items the night before the auction and had a friend there who bid on the bottle rack and a couple signs for me. I couldn't stay as I had arranged to view some private collections in the afternoon and see the Jets game. Did manage to pickup a few nice items which made the trip worth while. wink

Walt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What was the final verdict, were some of the signs clear coated?

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: oslosteve
I don't have a passport. So a good thing i ca'nt go up there

Not to side track this discussion, but you do not need a passport to go to Canada. Canada has never required it and you do not need a passport to return to the US. The US Government cannot deny a US citizen access to their country. The exception to that is if you are flying and then you need a pssport to re-enter the US.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I believe that you are not right. Three times we have been told at the border that we would not be able to get in without a passport. The first time three years ago we almost did not get back in. We have been told now each time at Blaine and the other crossing we use that we have to have one. Anybody else have better luck?

Craig
You cannot enter Canada now w/o a Passport, or vice versa for Canadians entering the USA. Been that way since Homeland Security and the CBA locked it down post 911.

When is the last time you entered w/o a passport Alex?

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Are you forgetting that Alex is in Montana? laugh wink

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes there are wide open spaces between border crossings in Montana and ND but then there is the matter of drones flying along the border. So somebody is watching all the time! In fact when I went over the border to Devil's Lake ND to pick up a sign (to forego Kevin's delivery charges laugh ) We were buzzed by a drone that was based out of Grand Forks AFB. You can access either border with Nexus cards; they function like passports as the owners will have undergone screening by both country's security apparatus.

Last edited by Gasman84470; Thu Nov 14 2013 09:26 PM.
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Originally Posted By: Alex
Originally Posted By: oslosteve
I don't have a passport. So a good thing i ca'nt go up there

Not to side track this discussion, but you do not need a passport to go to Canada. Canada has never required it and you do not need a passport to return to the US. The US Government cannot deny a US citizen access to their country. The exception to that is if you are flying and then you need a pssport to re-enter the US.

I enter the USA 2-3 times a month. For about a year now I have been told it is mandatory to have a passport when entering the USA and returning to Canada. The US Government can deny a US citizen access if you are not able to prove you are a US citizen. A passport is the proof. A drivers license is not.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved