Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45733 Sat Feb 16 2002 05:52 PM
G
gasguy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Did Groetken pump company ever make an air operated visible gas pump? I have a Groetken visible gas pump which appears to have been retrofited with a pump mechanism that pumps up and down like a water pump jack. Is this normal or did someone cobble an air operated gas pump together using some sort of manual pump? Does anyone have a photo of the skins on one of these? this one has a couple of extra access holes? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Chad

------------------

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#45734 Sun Feb 17 2002 10:53 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
In my Gas Pump Identification book that will be available about May 10, 2002, I identify three different Groetken visible pumps, all made between 1921 and 1924. In addition, Groetken made a visible attachment that would fit just about any company's curb pump. I have about 20 different ads from this company ranging from 1919 to 1927. I find no mention of any air operated pump. As a matter of fact in one of their last ads in 1926 they state: "Only 9 1/2 easy strokes for 5-gal. in less than 15 seconds; No expensive motor or air outfit needed." If you either post a picture here or send one to me, I will try and identify the model of your pump.
Jack Sim
jhsim@swbell.net

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#45735 Mon Feb 18 2002 03:44 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
From the picture you forwarded to me, your pump is the Model 76 introduced in 1924. The same picture is used in all their ads and does not show the handle. If you are interested in copies of the ads please contact me at: jhsim@swbell.net.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved