Click here for Project Car auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Ok, I know a lot of people on here dislike the Pickers(aka Peckers as some call it),Restoration shows and so on that are out now, but I saw a commercial for a new show coming soon called Americarna on Velocity (hosted by a NASCAR driver)... Was hard to tell from the commercial but are they searching for the history of old cars to tell a story or are they buying/selling (like Pickers) after they "find" said old car. For instance, on the commercial the found an old Standard oil company car...Just curious the premise of the show to see if its even worth watching. Thoughts??? confused

Thanks,
-Paul

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Superman was more believable AS A KID!

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Dick, That can be said for a lot of the programming that is on the boob tube today... After looking at their website (which was very vague) I am sure I won't make it past the first episode if they copy the picker format... crazy

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I caught that episode where some guy had that unrestored Standard Oil woodie.....beyond that, sleep

TOM
S
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
S
I haven't seen the show so I cant speak for that. But I do know that Ray Evernham is awesome!! FWIW, he was a crew chief and later a car owner. In 7 years with Jeff Gordon, they won 47 races and 3 championships. The dude borders is a genius when it comes to stock car racing. If he and Gordon would have stayed together, Jimmy would probably have 1 or even 2 less championships to talk about.

Last edited by Steve C.; Fri Jan 31 2014 02:38 PM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Gargoyle
beyond that, sleep

Yep^^^ finally watched it and I agree. frown

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've watched every episode and think it's pretty good.

Up to this point they've been charting the early days of automobiles and how drag racing and Nascar got their start.

Rick Hendrix must be putting some money in it as they end up at his museum every week. Last episode they had a segment on Don Prudhome and John Force. Don's a nice guy, just met and talked a little bit to him at Barrett Jackson.

Nobody is buying or selling any cars...it's purely informational up to this point.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
caught the Prudhome episode and liked it, nice to see them take the Model A roadster out, I'll watch again.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have watched the first three episodes and thought it was an excellent show; I'm a car guy which then evolved into my collecting of Petroliana. No drama or scripted "conflict" between cast members; just good information with some nice old cars.......a refreshing show with no BS. cool

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
There is an interesting and funny show on Velocity called "Graveyard Carz."
A sarcastically funny guy named Mark and his crew restore Chrysler muscle cars.
Check it out!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Graveyard Carz is hilarious! But Mark's attention to detail and originality is simply amazing.

Braden Splichal

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
It sure is Brandon! He seems to know EVERYTHING!
I remember my Anatomy instructor in school who knew every path and every potential variation of every structure in the human body. Then it occurred to me that he better after teaching it for 30 years!
Mark must be similar.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved