Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45781 Sun Sep 28 2003 06:54 PM
C
Cops053 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Just finished a 96c except for the decals and ad glass which have not arrived by ups yet. tried something new for door rubber window gasket instead of spending the $88.00 on it just yet for all the rubber from one of the sellers. I used rubber windshield washer hose for the doors, let it sit in the sun to soften up the slit one side, slipped it over the door edges, worked like a charm and does not look bad at all. I used black rubber screen door spline in the window frame to seat the glass and the rubber hose around the edges of the frame. Don't know if this is prpoer method, but seems to work real well and total cost was $12.00.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#45782 Wed Oct 01 2003 03:18 PM
C
C
Thanks for the tip, cops. I'm finishing one up myself and I'll probably go about doing that. I have a question, though. Did your 96C have a third stainless trim strip at the bottom? My C came with only the top two strips and the bottom had rounded bolts for a clean look.

I'm simply trying to determine if the 96B's had the 3 strips and all the 96C's had two.

I think I've figured out that B's have tall bases, 3 strips, and the spinner is where the ad glass is on the 96C. C's have an ad glass, spinner in face, two strips, and a low base.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved