Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46241 Thu Jun 02 2005 02:50 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Well another beginner question.IF i am able to get a "x" brand pump,what kinda of gas should i put on it?(I see alot of Wayne brand pumps decked out in mostly Texaco), is it just preference? or is there a Certain brand of gas used brand "x" type of pump?
Dan

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#46242 Thu Jun 02 2005 04:04 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Many gas brands used a special pump for different eras. Most known is perhaps the connection between Esso and Gilbarco. Also Martin&Schwarts pumps were (almost) always used by Mobil after WWII and onwards into the 50's. There are probably many others... when/if you find a pump that you want to buy, ask here, or just do it in any brand you like. What (I think) is more important is to do the pump in a gas brand of the same era as the pump was manufactured.
Then its he type of gas - premium, regular or a specific names like "Mobilgas", "Good Gulf", "No-nox" etc. these names are connected to certain paint schemes that vary from time to time. Get the book "Gaspump restoration Guide" by Scott Benjamin (available through this site). It shows most known types of gas as well as the paint scheme and color code.
Hope this helps,
Claes

[This message has been edited by fast66 (edited 06-02-2005).]

#46243 Sat Jun 04 2005 07:09 AM
A
A
A good number of stations would change brands but keep the pumps. I can remember seeing M&S mobil script tops slathered in white paint selling City Service gas in the fifties. Choose the brand you like and go for it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved