Next Thread
Print Thread
#518255 Tue Mar 04 2014 08:33 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I doubt this helps, but please be aware that there is an air meter out there that someone may be trying to sell. This was stolen from my garage in late February, I think last week when I was gone on business. I normally keep things locked down but evidently it was open at some point very recently. It was one of my favorite items in my collection. I can't believe it's gone.

MB
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I imagine that the wall mount unit in the picture is the one in question? Were there any identifying marks on it anywhere? Sometimes a dent or scratch can be very helpful.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Sorry to here ! Seems like you hear this more & more every day. Hopefully you can keep your eye on your local craigslist which would probably be the quickest outlet for the roque whom did this.Good luck retrieving it.

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
Do these units have a serial number tag on them ? If they do, it would help in identifying yours,if you kept track of the number. Will keep watch in my S E Iowa area. Good Luck, Raymond

S
S
Yes there a popular item I had one for sale and it moved quick.Was worried about the ad as people would know you have one .A friend had one ripped right off his wall hard lined in the garage. The compressor ran for a day and was red hot .Hope you find it .People don't care and any garage guy should ask where it came from I think.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Did it have a serial number Eco tag on the back? Reason I ask is ,I take photos of all my stuff front and back ...Thought maybe when you got it you might have taken photos of it and it might show ID tag on back.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry to hear this.
Will keep a look out here for you.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I bought this at an Aumann auction in Nokomis IL back in 2007. Unfortunately the original ID tag was gone. The only distinguishing characteristic was that the paint had a crinkly finish but it was in such nice original shape I didn't want to restore it. The sheriffs office gets a list every day from all the local pawn shops showing sales and pawns and it's not showed up. I'm watching Craigs List and Ebay but frankly I wouldn't have proof it was mine without a serial number or something more than the look of the paint finish. I'm putting up motion sensor lights, checking that things are locked when I leave and thinking about installing a bell on my garage door when it opens. Anyone got one for sale? No seriously.

MB
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Mike, sorry to hear about your air meter. I too worry about theft. I installed an alarm in my garage which, in addition to making a deafening noise, calls my cell phone if it goes off....I have one for sale if you are interested.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=83826&Number=510944#Post510944

Ed from South Jersey
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
mike, I am only about 60 miles away, and a lot of people come through here buying and selling. I will sure as hell keep an eye open for it. Good luck, Norm

Norm Huff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would look to people you know. How would anyone else know it was in there? And why did they only take the air meter? The average thief has NO IDEA what this stuff is worth. Have you ever seen an air meter on the Antiques Roadshow? I would look to your "friends". Someone who knew you were our of town???

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I agree...sounds like an inside job!
A crackhead would have took tools, and anything to pawn or for a quick sale...To leave everything else alone and just take that is really odd...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I read this and its a shame , but my thoughts were the same thing . Odd that something a unusual looking as a Eco was taken and nothing else . I hope you can recover your meter Mike , and maybe find who are whom took it .

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Really sucks. I, too, thought it is someone who saw it in your grage and has been coveting it. Finally saw his opening and went for it. Hope you get it all figured out.

M
Moe Offline
M
Sorry to hear it was stolen...can't trust anyone these days! Will def keep a look out for it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved