Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46465 Fri Aug 16 2002 04:10 PM
G
OP Offline
G
I just bought my first lubester and have a couple of questions I though someone might be able to help me with. First, the best way to degrease the insides of this? It only has a small hole (6" diameter) and has a good about of sludge on the bottom. All suggestions I'm sure would be helpful. Also, I have been unable to locate much about the piece I own. It is a Shell-Penn lubester. Shell white overall with the Shell-Penn painted on the front. Can anyone give me an idea of what year this may be from and who the maker is. I can provide pics to anyone who may have for info. Thanks in advance. I'm sure I will have more info needs.

[This message has been edited by gdelsecco (edited 08-16-2002).]

[This message has been edited by gdelsecco (edited 08-16-2002).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
We will need a name of the company that made the oil dispenser, not the brand of oil that was put into it. Look for a I.D. tag somewhere on the pump. Even then, because literly hundreds of oil dispensers were made, we will need a picture of it, posted here on this website, to identify it. If I have a picture of it, I should be able to tell you approx. what year it was made. It might even be in my new gas pump identification book.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
J
J
I have a lubster which looks exactly like your photo. It is a Pillips Tank & Pump Co. Mine was farily cleans so I all did was put in some detergent lawndry soap and hosed it out withe garden hose. After it was dry I sprayed the inside with WD-40. On a ten gallen can I took it to a car wasth and used the high pressure hose & soap cycle. It worked great.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved