Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#524696 Sun Mar 30 2014 06:20 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
I was posting to Noah's for sale page and when I got my reply submitted it said the post was deleted. And now it's back but with several posts deleted. I think many of us who have been long time members should have an explanation as to why this happened. There where a lot of issues with harassment and the future of this hobby happening there and it just disappeared!
It would be nice to know if the original poster (Noah)requested the removal of those posts or if it was done to protect other members.
I am ***** at some of the treatment this kid got on this forum. He was new and wanting to learn. Some people here treated him like *****! He was a good kid and I dealt with him a few times. Always positive. He passed on that Frontier shirt he bought as a donation to oldgas to me! Pretty cool thing to do if you ask me. I think a few people here owe him an apology for how they treated him. But it seems it's too late for that now. It's a shame he is leaving the hobby at such a young age because of the "drama". AKA...harassment.
So it strikes me as strange when a post just disappears. Not locked...just GONE! And then reappears with several posts gone.
I imagine this one will disappear soon too. Or maybe I will get my annual suspension. Whatever!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I didn't ask for the posts to be removed... Just happened. Thanks for all those who helped me! Ill stay in touch with a few of the people that listened to me, and were helpful to me. And just so I wont get anymore PM's or posts about why I'm leaving. The drama was one, but also, Im going through a tough time in my life. My dad left my family on Christmas day a couple years ago, and everything is just getting worse! And all the harassment doesn't help!!!! I was learning and trying to help, but I got harassed way to much for what I was trying to do. Ive helped some people, and they have helped me. Why can't there be NO drama or harassment, to anyone on the forum!!!?? If they are new, help them, don't harass them! You know, if you guys keep this up, there wont be a hobby in 40 years! ever think of that?

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R

Last edited by RARIN TO GO; Sun Mar 30 2014 06:34 PM. Reason: cause i wanted to.
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thanks for the t-shirt Noah! I'll be wearing it proudly at Iowa Gas this year. Good luck with your future! I hope to welcome you back to the hobby sometime!
chris

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Your welcome! Enjoy it! Oh, I'll send yeah a frontier hat too. Sending you a PM. I know you will enjoy it!

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Of course! Lets just bury this topic here in the non petro discussion! Lets do what we can to protect the ******** who harassed this kid until he finally quit! Good job moderator!

Last edited by Oldgas; Sun Mar 30 2014 07:41 PM. Reason: removed unacceptable language
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Oldgas. Protecting those who harass others since we started this forum!

Online Cool
I got several "Notification" messages regarding that topic, complaining about the nasty language and off-topic comments. Noah asked for no drama. The For Sale Guidelines stipulate that comments in the For Sale forum are to be directly related with the selling of the item or they may be removed.

Just removing posts that are against the rules as stated in the Membership Agreement.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
This was a new topic. Why bury it into a category that few visit? Love you and your site Jim but I know why!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Somebody has been a big Richard to Noah.I have talked with him he seemed to have a lot of enthusiasm for the hobby but I guess if you get enough guff you just get sick of it. Noah when all of us old guys go down mabey you get back into the hobby and buy our "treasures" from our wives for pennies on the dollar.Good luck in your
endevours. Jeff Satterlee.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Chris, drop it. I liked the first post, but dont go over board, k? No need. I asked for no drama. If the guys (not you Jim)) want to act this way, so be it. If they want to harm the hobby, so be it. Just keep on going strong and protect others who come into the hobby. ok?

Last edited by Gas globe guy; Sun Mar 30 2014 08:28 PM.

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Sorry but it's like an old boys club here anymore. Come in and tread lightly and your ok. Come in as a new guy and ask a few questions the old guys already know the answers to and you are ridiculed and harassed! And when you point that out your post is moved to the "Non Petro Discussion". Nice!

Last edited by RARIN TO GO; Sun Mar 30 2014 08:35 PM.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
chill... Like I said. if they want to harm, they can do so. Now we some of the good guys to speak up and help others! We need more stand up guys. I know some of you guys are, but you need to show it!

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Originally Posted By: JUNK KING
Somebody has been a big Richard to Noah.I have talked with him he seemed to have a lot of enthusiasm for the hobby but I guess if you get enough guff you just get sick of it. Noah when all of us old guys go down mabey you get back into the hobby and buy our "treasures" from our wives for pennies on the dollar.Good luck in your
endevours. Jeff Satterlee.

Yep! You might buy some of my stuff for pennies on the dollar. I actually hope you do. Keep the hobby alive!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What about it Jim ? I've seen this enthusiastic kid get plowed by several guys on here one in particular you know him. Do you want this site to grow or wither with the old vine. I've met you and you seem like a nice guy call them out for the bullies they are don't let this happen again to some other new guy. I have met a lot of good guys on here but I have also seen some real poor behavior from other.
I enjoy this site greatly and have learned a lot but I'm also sure I'll be shut out now that I've spoke up. Sorry guys but the truth is the truth.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved