Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#525458 Wed Apr 02 2014 07:35 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Hi there to all... I am just wondering what the value is of these three Red Indian Motor Oil Jugs... Searched ebay could not find any... Any help would be appreciated ... Cheers Kevin...

Last edited by Oldgas; Thu Apr 03 2014 03:07 AM. Reason: edit to help images to appear
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K
OP Offline
K
Hi to all... I am trying to find out the value of these 1 gallon Red Indian oil jugs.... Thanks Kevin

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/kevindriscoll1968/library/

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GREAT CANS! Sent you a PM

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
nice looking cans

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
nice looking cans sent you a pm

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Hey guys instead of sending the value of the cans to mee in a pm.... why don't you post them on here so those of us who don't know can learn something. Unless of course you aren't sending the value and are trying to pry them away from him. grin grin

Well at least you did post on the thread first. I wonder how many pm's mee has gotten from other oldgasser's who didn't do that much? wink

The vultures are circling. jk laugh

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
I shared this with a friend. He said he would be a buyer at $750-$1250. In general he is a bit low on his offers so the value to others might be higher.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: huskybob
Hey guys instead of sending the value of the cans to mee in a pm.... why don't you post them on here so those of us who don't know can learn something. Unless of course you aren't sending the value and are trying to pry them away from him. grin grin

Well at least you did post on the thread first. I wonder how many pm's mee has gotten from other oldgasser's who didn't do that much? wink

The vultures are circling. jk laugh

The purpose of the value section IMO is to HELP unknowledgeable members that might have stumbled across valuable items from selling them for pennies on the dollar. Here is the PM that I sent Kevin......."Kevin, You hit the jackpot on these! I would say $2000 -2500 EACH...You will be getting a lot of low offers from oldgas members....DO NOT sell these for less than $2000 each...they are VERY desireable cans!!!! Might be worth even more to some". I DID NOT try to buy them or make an offer, just tried to help a fellow oldgas member out. BEFORE you accuse people of being vultures maybe you should know the FACTS.

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
That's a nice thing that you did, but then again why the secrecy? Why not put it out in the open for everybody to see in the first place as you have now done.
To me that would be the purpose of the Value Section to enlighten everyone not just one person as in the OP.
It would also have slowed down the "low offers from oldgas members". I.e. vultures

As for the FACTS..... check out the Petroliana Value Forum Guidelines:

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=228069#Post228069

For all the people who have complained about the value section it looks like it really is a good thing...... at least for Kevin.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great cans for sure and if we are being honest we are all salivavting . I know I am . Pretty cool to see a picture of them together . They are out there this can but these are 3 good ones for sure , Would love to have them in my collection I know that . Really cool to see the 3 together , thanks for putting them on . Everyone will have a very different oipinion on value thats for sure . I have seen them from 500 - 3000 . I have also saw a fair number of them sell over the years .Good luck .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool cans, the best of the best. If they are in the Condition that they appear to be in the photo's, I agree with Dennis.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
I would pay $6000 for all three...and I am a reseller.. not a rare can by any means, but nice to get all three at once..

Last edited by Wes Hague; Thu Apr 03 2014 03:29 AM.

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

After reading the rules I realize I was in violation by posting "PM sent" in the value section. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I was unaware of this rule, but ignorance is no excuse. Any discipline or penalty handed down as a result of this violation is deserved by me. A rule is a rule no matter what the intention, good or otherwise.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...my advice: if you're planning on selling, skip the resellers - offer them in a well-publicized auction...contact Dan Matthews of Morphy Auctions...he's on Oldgas (mattgas)...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: pumpingethyl

After reading the rules I realize I was in violation by posting "PM sent" in the value section. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I was unaware of this rule, but ignorance is no excuse. Any discipline or penalty handed down as a result of this violation is deserved by me. A rule is a rule no matter what the intention, good or otherwise.

That's it out your pee pee and Dick will slap it . Dick r u in charge of discipline ??????

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved