Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47922 Sat Apr 17 2004 12:47 PM
F
Fift4fe Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I,m new to the forum, so please go easy.

I recently purchased a Tokheim 39 that I am in the process of restoration. How do I get the aluminum knob off the shaft that goes into the light switch on top of the pump so I can remove the panel?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

------------------
GBA

GBA
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#47923 Sat Apr 17 2004 01:19 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
An original Tokheim 39 light switch is located INSIDE the small access door on the side of the pump and there is no interference from it on the panel removal. I don't know where yours is located, but try unscrewing it. It could be right or left handed threads. Also look for a small set screw in it. As it is not original. if you break it, just replace with a new switch or try to locate an original switch/housing set up.

#47924 Mon Apr 19 2004 05:54 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Welcome to the insanity.

On some pumps the light switch shafts are attached with an 'R' clip thru the shaft inside the body of the pump or a cotter pin. Look and see if this is true for your pump.

I'll take a look at the 39 I have in the Grainery waiting restoration tonight and see how mine is configured. I'll post again tomorrow with what I find.

New Boston isn't that far from me - stop out and visit sometime.

Later . . .

Jim

#47925 Mon Apr 19 2004 07:37 AM
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
welcome to old gas where do you live in new boston i live on willis road in belleville and just finished a pump like yours that knob is just threaded on there they buff up real nice stop by some time i sell all all the parts that the big guys sell just no fancy catalog also make a few parts for them guys to sell for me give me a call anytime 4619908 dave

------------------
dave

#47926 Wed Apr 21 2004 09:28 AM
F
Fift4fe Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks for the welcome and the replies.

TWay - Ill take you up on that invitation. I pass through your area quite often.

WarriorGas - I actually live between New Boston and Flat Rock on Middlebelt Rd. Im not that far from you. Ill be picking your brain and probably purchasing from you in the future.

The shaft on the light switch is aluminum along with the knob. I don't want to wrench on it too much or I'm sure it will twist off. Im trying to get the access plug off the top of the cast iron switch housing to see into it.

Again, thanks for the info

------------------
GBA

GBA
#47927 Fri Apr 23 2004 08:06 PM
F
Fift4fe Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Got it tonight

I removed the aluminum light switch rod tonight after I gained access into the top of the switch housing. The rod went into a block of aluminum that held the rod with an allen head set screw. Loosened the screw and the rod came out with no problem.

Moving on to the next step.

Where exactly is the location of the show in Brighton next month?

GBA
#47928 Sat Apr 24 2004 05:21 AM
J
J
HOWDEE your best way to heaven US 23 north to I 96 west ( its a left hand exit when you see Lee Rd. exit get in your left lane ) when you get on 96 it will be your 2nd exit ( Grand River ) turn right (west) about 2 miles on your left. Hope to see you

#47929 Sat Apr 24 2004 05:45 AM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
the exit off 96 is exit 145 like bill said get off at exit 145 make a right head west apox 2 miles you will run right into it, can't miss it 30ft sign that reads michigan gas. hope to see you there, if you would like a flyer on the show email me your home address and we will get one right on . bcheese@comcast.net, cheese

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved