Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
this pump came into the local iron and metal recyclers in a load of scrap. the crane operator had just picked it up with the Grappler and had it in the air when Curtis (the boss) saw it going up. he yelled and had it set back down on the ground.
he called a guy from another department to run over with a pickup and grab it. both these guys are friends of mine. they unbolted the pump and motor and pressure washed it somewhat clean and had it in the shop for a few weeks leaning aginst the wall.
one sent me pictures of it and I didn't know what to think. a week later I was at work and saw him drive by our office and go out back. I heard terrible noises. he walked in and said he left me a gift out back. Thanks I said.

in return I took a nice 'very nice cigarette machine I had sitting around and delivered in exchange for this pump. he was happy.

z11.JPG z16.JPG z15.JPG z13.JPG
Last edited by tom 2 tone; Mon Jun 09 2014 07:07 PM.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
the tag was upside down on it!? im pretty sure the whole pump sat upside down in a junk pile on a farm somewhere where they shot it with a gun and used a door for a floor board.

z14.JPG z12.JPG
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
frown "Parts for Sale"

T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
heres what I did with it: first i took it apart and thought hmmmm nice original light switch, lots of original screws, picture frames are ok... so i bought a nice (too nice for this pump) original base from Ray in Hollandale so it would stand up on its own. got one frame rail from ryan. took the other rails in a crotch of a tree etc... and beat the heck out of them on an anvil and straightening those rails isn't any fun!

cleaned out the original light conduit, blasted and painted them and put new original light fixtures in and wired it nice.
kept the one very good shoulder, bought 1 new repop and one used 'broken shoulder, snipped off the inspection door and kept it, made a new one with a hinge that looks original and added a lock, kept A LOT of original things off it.

then I walked/jumped on the sheetmetal, banged it around. "no mercy I hadn't a clue what to do with it yet but out of habit I was fixing anything and everything like id do on my other 60s when id get them. -- none of my 60s ever had a rust hole or a major dent I wouldn't take a rusty one. (that was then, things have changed I guess)

anyway heres what I did. a Rustoration and I really don't have a lot of time in it. all original brass screws, all 16 door clips, bought a new door, globe...

z18.JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks better than I thought would...I know some guys don't like "rustoration", but it is better than sitting in the scrap pile.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Alex
I know some guys don't like "rustoration", but it is better than sitting in the scrap pile.

And it's cheaper to paint it like a $50 pig than a $9,000 race horse to only come up short at the line and be disappointed.

Looks good and there's still time to paint it and restore it if you want to.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
I cant get these other pics to come up. ?

anyway I made up a name, painted it on both sides, used, used parts, it had both sight glasses, real rust and the paint looks dull in real life. the pics made it look shiny.

I didn't have a lot of time in the whole thing. cleaning conduit takes the longest it seems.
nobody ever really saw it I had it in the shop at work and everyone who did see wanted to buy it. a friend of mine took it and put it in an indoor car show this winter and my phone rang off the hook and I got tired of the calls so I sold it.

T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
Originally Posted By: Oilcanman87
Originally Posted By: Alex
I know some guys don't like "rustoration", but it is better than sitting in the scrap pile.

And it's cheaper to paint it like a $50 pig than a $9,000 race horse to only come up short at the line and be disappointed.

Looks good and there's still time to paint it and restore it if you want to.

no way! don't take it apart to even change a light bulb I used a big clamp to squeeze it together to get ALL the bolts in and they are all in there. shes under pressure! absolutely no restoring that thing nice! it stood straight and proud though and in person was very impressive! -- I felt bad molesting a pump like I did there so im restoring a good wayne 60 ive had standing around for 20 years. I have the inside about done and the panels nice and straight.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks good man, Any Wayne 60 is worth saving

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
ID Tag is on Up side down!

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Those rivets are original too. Guess its been upside down its whole life.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great save!!!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Turned out great !

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Turned out good!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I prefer that to mint . looks super cool

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard