Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
V
I picked up this grease station and will be doing a restoration on it. It will be for sale once finished, but for now the blank canvas has me thinking about the direction to go. thought I would get others input...

my ideas so far...

1: The tops can remain, put the 2 side doors on it, glass shelves in the center that are lit and paint it white with a red stripe around the top, and stainless steel around the base.

2: the center top remains, and a globe ring for both sides, removing the pump handle units. the rest the same as stated above.

3: remove all the top pieces and do just one globe ring in the center, remove all the doors and glass shelves for all of it.

thoughts? thoughts on paint scheme? I'm thinking it would make a nice and unique display case for cans and other gas relate treasures.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG
Last edited by vintagecar; Tue Aug 12 2014 09:40 AM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It'll look cool when finished, thats for sure!

Braden Splichal

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Restore that one to original, then, get some sheet metal and make all the other kinds of cabinets that you want.

Still looking for that Union 76 ball
And I collect big old porcelain neon signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Or leave it the way it is and let the next owner take it in the direction they envision....

I've "restored" more than a few items, each time using my own vision of what I thought the restoration should be... When I turned around to sell the items; My experience has been, that the potential field of Buyers, quite a bit of the time, had been reduced... Mostly because my vision, did not always correlate to the vision the potential Buyer had, for that same item....

But, when I kept an item unrestored and in a "raw state"... I had potential Buyers very interested; As they each had their own visions of what the items could become... And in the long run, I made more money with the unrestored items than I ever made with the restored items... When I figured in my time, energy and the materials I had to purchase to complete my vision....

Either way, it is a great little Station!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Or sell it as is and let the new owner do it there way. If your going to sell it anyways just sell as original not custom or restored you would get a bigger buying audience most likely.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lincoln Gun Grease Cabinet. Backside door has brackets for ea. different gun, ea. end has holes for pneumatic guns. On casters.

Grease Cabinet copy.jpg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved