Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
What would a 1930's 42" Texaco double sided sign be worth with the upper part of the shepherd pole attached with it( It was cut were the pole straightens out. I know that the sign can come up to or maybe over $1000, but what in anybody's opinion would the original shepherd hook be worth. I know you can say whatever it's worth to you, but I would still like to know the range want it should be worth. Also, has any members seen a lot of these with the shepherd hook attached? I been collecting Texaco for a couple of years now, and this is the first I have seen.

Last edited by Oldgas; Sun Oct 05 2014 01:23 PM. Reason: edit to put item name in title
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
would you post a picture?... cool

RANDY
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Your dealing with a cut piece of a pole hanger. Without a picture it's hard to say whether it's worth $40 extra or $140 extra.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I got $500.00 for the top of the pole and 5 ft of straight pipe. The guy who bougt it had the sign and the original ring though so he wanted pretty bad.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
S
OP Offline
S
Sorry, I cannot post a picture since it was I craigslist, and I never copy the address just the phone number. When I called the man up he said he would not take less than $2,000 for it. The sign seemed to be a high 8 or 9 in my opinion. The shepherd pole that was cut off where it staighten out at seemed to be in excellent condition. I figured a sign in that condition would be worth $1000, but I could not bring myself to pay another $1000 for a pole. I have quite a few things in Texaco, and next year I want to built a large shed with a front to it like a Texaco Station so I been picking up things here, and there. I don't mind paying the going price for an object that I want, but $1000 more for the pole just seemed out of question. This is the first one that I have ever seen so they must be rare. If it comes down to it I guess I would just have a pole bent if I couldn't find one in between now and then.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Sign with complete pole assembly at $2000 would be fair, but not for an incomplete pole.

Ready to erect sign/pole combinations have been hitting the $2k+ mark here in the Southeast, not sure about up where you are.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Which 42 inch sign (version) is on it?

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Alex
Which 42 inch sign (version) is on it?

Depending on which version...can make a big difference in value.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Alex and Dave are right. There's a big difference in value of the different versions. The Gasoline/Motor Oil version in 9 condition is worth 1000-1400 around here while the Filling Station version in 9 condition is worth 2000+.
Not sure what the partial hook is worth. You could see what it would cost to have one fabbed and go from there.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved