Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#575483 Sun Oct 19 2014 06:47 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I picked up what I believe to be a hull body glass globe.
It is not wide like the wide bodies. It does have a crack in it but nothing loose or missing and the price was right.
It does not have lenses and I am wondering how to tell the difference of a real or reproduction. also are there reproduction lenses made for these with the two screw slots on the sides.
Thanks for any reply
Tom

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Post a pic please
Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
F
OP Offline
F
Here are some pics.
Hope they are good enough to tell anything
Tom
Sorry, guess I am not rocket man enough to get them correct orientation, they were upright on my photos.

CIMG5686 (169x300) (152x270).jpg CIMG5688 (158x280) (152x270) (149x265).jpg
Last edited by full-o-gas; Mon Oct 20 2014 06:31 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's not a Hull body. It's a narrow body that was used by Sinclair and Richfield.The stepped area that would be behind the lenses differentiates it from a more common narrow body. A Hull body is hollow behind the lenses except for a narrow area that the edge of the lens seats on.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Where is the crack? I won't use cracked bodies anymore. I had a globe with a small crack that remained stable for a long time. That crack decided to "run". In a second or two the crack ran all the way around the circumference of the lens mounting area and the entire side of the globe with lens attached fell out! Didn't hurt that lens but it destroyed the globe it fell against.

They do reproduce that type of body.
Unfortunately yes, they reproduce all kinds of lenses that will fit that body.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks for the info. Crack is on the top side not very visible in pics. I realize may not be original but just like the style and only into it for 25 dollars. I'm not after presenting anything as original just want something I can afford and be able to display in my garage.
Tom

Last edited by full-o-gas; Mon Oct 20 2014 07:38 PM. Reason: correct subject to narrow body

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved