Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#578623 Wed Nov 05 2014 02:49 PM
tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
100% identical replica of 1935 Wayne 50 showcase. Powder coated to any color scheme you choose. $8500.00

Please visit our website at www.pilotdisplays.com

We produce reproduction Wayne 50s and parts to restore any original Wayne 50 you may have.

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
Are the castings aluminum or steel?

tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
Our pumps are fabricated using mostly steel with aluminum castings for the sides of the head unit with the curved drop downs characteristic of the art deco style. It weighs right at 300 pounds and shipping weight is around 350.

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Looks like a good product and knowing you offer Wayne 50 parts is helpful.

tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes sir. Any condition wayne 50 can be resurrected.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Parts are just fine, now another pump to be wary of. Paint it up, sell it, the next guy sells it, and now if no one is aware it becomes a Regular Wayne 50. Nothing like running down the value of a original. Reproduction Markings ??
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but happened out here with Three other high dollar pumps.

Craig
tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes reproduction markings in 2 spots and a badge on the outside stating it's a reproduction.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
It is great that you have marked this, at least you are trying to offer a product and are being conscience of the problem we all face now.
Just look at all the reproduction 12" porcelain signs now on ebay that have been hammered, rusted, and what ever else to deceive a new buyer or an undereducated one.
Bottom line is Knowledge I guess.

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You kill me!!

You come here riding on your high horse, like you're some sort of higher power....Then you try and sell reproduction pumps.

Your manufacturing skills may be sharp, but your marketing skills need a complete restoration.!

Last edited by TJammer; Wed Nov 05 2014 07:09 PM.

Imperial Oil collector..
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Nice work, I'm sure it wasn't easy or cheap pulling off this project. Whenever I come through Pilot Mountain hauling pumps I'll swing by some day.

Goober

tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok sounds good. thanks.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Most know my opinion on repop stuff.
I understand the need for marked reproduction parts... Signs globes or what ever. When guys are buying 24" signs and reproduction pumps you are decorating! Reproduction needs to be marked period other wise guys are working at trying to ruin our hobby.

Thanks for marking your pumps! Please let us know how you are marking them so Jim can add it to our repop section for future reference.
Example... Texaco are marked at bottom reproduction and guys tried to wash the bottom to make them look like wear so they could sell them as originals. Sinclair pump signs are not marked other than an ink stamp on the back which people remove.
Is your pump marked where it can be removed?

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
They're marked in the base and in the head unit. They also will have a "pilot displays' badge on the side in the same location an original wayne badge would be.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They look great. Hope they do not cause the value of an original to go down. I have an original and would buy one of yours as well if I could afford it. I would like to have a Shell display pump to go with my Firestone one. Do you offer them in raw metal unassembled for a lesser price? Here is mine.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great looking pumps, you done a nice job on them.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved