Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
After reading the original post and seeing your demeanor.......NO! wink

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
A lot of us that have been here for quite some time do/have done what you are selling. We have tore apart cars, trucks, gas pumps by the hundreds on here and put them back together and painted them up in various degrees of finish. Also have some metal workers/fab guys that do very well in their hobby/work. Your pump is nice but IMO overpriced , it's a repop and repop's don't justify your price. Of course your attitude is over the top also.Go away.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No..... I've only been on this site a couple of years but it still amazes me how many come along and don't go by the rules. These are pretty simple rules and when you first don't follow the rules and next challenge the opinions of the collectors who want you to, well need I say more.
IMO no one on this site that's a true collector want's to pay top dollar for a fake pump so this is not where you should be vending your prize anyway.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
If you notice others add their websites under their post on different topics. I always click on any new ones to check them out,and every once in a while click to see what is new. One member has a blog attached which I enjoy following. This is free advertising for members who have items for sale and provide services for the collector community. The short of my ramble is there is a way to promote your products on this site without breaking rules that your are asked to read and follow. Yes your post was creative and not a simple BTT, but a comment on someones post, giving more pics, etc. But it was in the for sale section and against rules. Being a old racer I under stand the thinking that rules are meant to be bent and tested to the limit. But the bottom line is what I think doesn't matter as to your privileges on Oldgas. Two website click ons in your post little over kill, but great job!

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Fri Nov 28 2014 01:09 PM.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I think Mike put it very well. It is obvious though that you have the skill and knowledge to build a very nice, detailed piece. I think you would get more positive feedback by being helpful. Many folks on the website need parts that are not reproduced. Use your talents to be an outlet for making things that may not exist. It is going to be very difficult to sell a reproduction anything on a purist site. Look at the endless posts about fake signs for reference. Probably would get more response from Ebay really. That's where I'd try to sell it, if I was into repop pumps. I would say yes, but after you have shown that you will comply with the rules. Have respect for the website and show appreciation for the knowledge available to you.

NO! not after being warned!

I'm collecting all types of porcelain signs but prefer Mobil Oil.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"You have been weighed. You have been measured. And you have absolutely... Been found wanting. Welcome to New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so." - A Knight's Tail

Quite fitting

Last edited by Oilcanman87; Fri Nov 28 2014 07:03 PM.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kind a hard to get it off your shoes after ya' step in in it huh?

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Well....It's Friday night.
Normally I'm out back with the boys having a drink...but nobody showed up tonight...So, I'm out back drinking by myself, and I shouldn't even be on here , but what the heck...

YoungBuck....
You know..if you had approached this in a different manner, things could have been a wee bit better for you here...

All over the world there's entrepeneurs just like you, with an idea, and the ambition to make that idea happen.
You have the idea, and obviously you have the ambition to make it happen....BUT...that's just the beginning.

You need to be able to sell yourself FIRST.!!..then your product..AND...in the right market!!
Without this, you're doomed for failure.

1- You haven't sold yourself...I'm surprised you head fits through the door , when you leave the shop at night...Your Ego's way too big!!

2- Your product won't sell because of your ego..

3- You're not in the right market..There is a market for reproduction pumps, but it's not here.( minimal if any).

Even if you did get your privileges back...it won't do you any good.

PS..refer to Larry's (st.rod) quote..

Imperial Oil collector..
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Absolutely not!

Met up with David Rossi, Supervisory Special Agent and Unit Senior Agent at the Behavioral Analysis Unit...you don't want to hear their profile on this guy or his Wayne 50 showcase!!!

rsz_criminal_minds-1.jpg

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ahh the MIB and one cute girl! All sorts of people drop by little old Abbotsford.
Oh yeah, that's a NO.

Last edited by Gasman84470; Sat Nov 29 2014 12:15 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'll bet the yes votes have been PMing you. I am on the no side. Your attitude sucks.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Originally Posted By: JimT
I'll bet the yes votes have been PMing you. I am on the no side. Your attitude sucks.
I'm with Jim on your attitude. No. Thank you for calling.

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Another NO

C
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
C
Probably the last person to say this, BUT, You seem to have a great product and one that many on here would have or still might buy parts for there own pumps.

I as stated, was and am concerned about people passing things off as originals after many ownerships. I see that you were just unhappy with the response of mine and other post, and that is natural after all the work you put into this. I personally know I can do the same.

Let is lay and others who need your parts or entire pump will come around.

Just remember this experience and trust me you will find a way to over come this, may eat some crow now, but stay around for the turkey later.

Craig
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved