Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53481 Tue Oct 22 2002 06:27 AM
F
ford35 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks for the response on mercury switches...found one by calling manufacturer out of Indiana, American Electronics Compnents/Durakool. Call 574-264-1116 and they will hook you up with a distributor nearest to you. Radio Shack, good idea, will check them out. Mcmaster had the same item I ordered from Durakool, but for substantially more money.
By the way, does anyone have any parts for Smithway L-1 pump...need metal pieces that go aound window glass to enclose calculator face. Wishfull thinking, I know.
Also, Jack I'll take a copy of your new book when published!! I am not much of a collector but I find these books on all auto related subjects great fun. Just great stuff.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#53482 Tue Oct 22 2002 01:18 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
I don't know all the Smith pumps well but assume this is the one with the front "buckle" opener for the door. A.O. Smith ? The is only one of the three face partitions that cannot be made on a small hand brake and a simpler variation can be made of the third to fill the gap around the face. Assuming also you have one set for patterns. I don't have a set to go by but perhaps someone here would load you a set for a pattern.

larry ivy
#53483 Tue Oct 22 2002 06:04 PM
F
ford35 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
PremoPetrol: Thanks for the reply...you're correct, it's the "buckle" model . I do have a set to go by. It's the part with all the "zigzags" that are a problem to make on a regular sheet metal brake. I think I can come up with a way to do it, tho'. Would have preferred to have found some originals. Probably have more luck with the lottery!!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved