Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bbburke Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Will the extra amount of woman in attendance at today's auction effect bidding? After all, we know how much the need to impress a woman can drastically effect men's money management skills. I don't know about you, but I think Glenn Miller may be a genius for having an Valentine's Day auction.

Last edited by Bbburke; Sat Feb 14 2015 04:43 AM.

Check out my finds at Mantiquities on Facebook!!!!

facebook.com/pages/Mantiquities/167580613447712
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I think the gain from guys trying to impress their ladies by beating out another bidder will be far less than the loss due to those bidders who couldn't even go because the auction is on Valentne's Day - LOL. Couldn't think of a better Valentine's Day "date".

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Seeing a lot of retracted bids on items. It will go up a hundred and then back down. Looks like the is an inside bidder for the auction company. Prices are strong...too strong for me, i have left the auction!! LOL
Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
High prices for sure. The 27" Sunray porcelain sign sold for $3000. That same exact sign was purchased off of ebay for $900 a couple of months ago from a local ebay seller (Chris) secondweekendofeverymonth

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Nice profit margin there on that Sunray Oils.I am loving my Sunray stuff more and more! grin

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Was there like always with my Joanne but it doesn't make me bid anymore than I should....LOL

Prices started out very nice and then went crazy before settling back down. The retractions I believe were going on do to some glitches between e-bay and auction zip as they had a few problems. I probably overpaid for One Item I wanted but still found a number of good buys.

As some framed gas station porcelain signs came up we had a feeling some left over Barrett Jackson bidders were on line as they went for crazy prices.

My only complaints were how slow the bidding went and it was a bit cold in the building to be sitting there for 9 hours!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I echo nearly all Mike's comments.

There was no funny business going on Dan, the online portion of the auction had a hard time staying in-sync with the onsite. Most items sold onsite anyways.

I totally agree with the speed & warmth though. I would certainly recommend a couple other auctioneers too, one of them had a very slurry voice - and on a couple items I held back from bidding because I didnt know what he was saying.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved