Print Thread
#600143 Tue Feb 24 2015 06:42 PM
N
NvrDun Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Have the opportunity to pick up this sign, but am not sure of a fair value for it? Seller is asking a good bit of cash for it and I cant find a comparable to know if it is a fair price or not? Any input is much appreciated!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IMO - you want one in better condition... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What Randy said..
I have found out it is probably easier to say, "the seller wants $X, is that a fair price". Probably get more replies that way?

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
N
NvrDun Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Originally Posted By: advertologist
IMO - you want one in better condition... cool

Would love to, but I'm sure I couldn't afford a 9 or 10.
Originally Posted By: Wes Maxwell
What Randy said..
I have found out it is probably easier to say, "the seller wants $X, is that a fair price". Probably get more replies that way?

I can understand that, but I haven't locked down a set price with him yet. Hoping some input here will help me get to some fair middle ground during negotiation

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
In my opinion, it is better to pass on 3,4, or 5 average signs to buy one really nice one. That said, if this is a particular sign that you just must have right now, I'm sure he may find someone to pay $1000-$1500. It's not worth that to me, I agree with Randy on holding out for a better one....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
All things considered, I would figure 9-1200 and hope for a little lower. It will clean up some and the focal point, the Cadillac crest, is undamaged.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Anyone would like a better one, but I would give $700 for it. would look good on my fence.

R D
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
If you don't have to have it - $700-800
If you have to have it - $900-1200
If you want a perfect one - $1500
If you want to flaunt buying a perfect one - $2500 and you deserve to overpay every penny you have to pay for it.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
IMO that's better than a fence sign, it will clean up and like stated the crest is good. Think the 1l to $1500.00 is a good price range.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've been trying to stay out of giving my opinion in the value forum but, well, here I go again. Now this is just my opinion so dont take it the wrong way and I may be way off base, but,Paul, do you honestly think you can get these, perfect ,for 1500.00? Where? I know theres probably better places to shop than where I do, but, seriously? Perfect that sign would go for 3500.00+-Probably 5K+- from what I've been seeing the last 1-2 years. Granted, if you have connections and spend your whole life making connections for getting into peoples collections, obviously you find good, wholesale deals. But for the average guy, I dont think you can pick up even a less popular ,perfect , dealership sign for 1500.00. So a Cadillac sign? I dont think so. In todays market, I'd be pretty surprised if you could even buy the OP sign for under1K. Of course every one wants primo signs, but they are in short supply and commanding top dollar.I mean really there is one bad chip in the field of the sign and the rest of the damage is around the border. Now, I'm not saying these prices would be good investments but, currently signs are hot and the law of supply and demand , well you know the rest of the rambling.

Last edited by JimT; Thu Feb 26 2015 09:57 AM.
JimT #600398 Thu Feb 26 2015 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: JimT
perfect ,for 1500.00? Where? Perfect that sign would go for 3500.00+-Probably 5K+

agree... cool

RANDY
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
I was going to comment but I don't think I can state it any better than JimT did.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Apparently JimT you didn't read my post.

"If you want to flaunt buying a perfect one - $2500 and you deserve to overpay every penny you have to pay for it."

The market has been in a steep upswing for 2 years and this sign is now selling at 3x value of a few years ago. It's at it's zenith for who knows perhaps 2-3 years? But I can honestly say I don't see that sign gaining much more value, but I can see it available for less. So buying it now is an act of vanity and willingness to flaunt what one paid.

But remember too this is my opinion. Just as yours is your own. Enjoy flaunting all you want JimT.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
See Paul, This is why I try to stay out of this forum. First off, I try not to flaunt anything. I'm thinking you took it as a personal insult that I disagreed with you? And somehow by saying I dont think youll find a perfect Cadillac sign at pickers prices I am flaunting something that I have? Hmmm. I do collect signs, to keep and put on the wall because I enjoy looking at them. And I pay for them with money that I earn with my hands and back. The signs I am going to keep, yes, I am willing to pay a bit more toward retail. Thats because I collect antique advertising. What I'm saying is I am willing to buy signs that I wont be able to flip. The guy wants to know what the current value of a sign he has a chance to buy is. Not what it was years ago. Not what (You say) it will be years from now. And yes I did read your post. You said "If you want a perfect one, 1500.00." I dont know what that nonsense is about "flaunting" the sign for "2500.00". So in hindsight, I guess maybe you meant the current value for a perfect one is between 1500.00 and 2500.00? I'm just not positive what you meant. But I'll say this. I dont have a Cadillac sign, but if I did find a perfect one for 2500.00, I'd be pretty proud of it.

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved