Next Thread
Print Thread
#601164 Mon Mar 02 2015 07:07 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Rule for retired guys, never get in a hurry on a Monday morning cuz something will go to H---. So drinking some coffee, watching the news and easing into Monday. Maple syrup season is about to start and I have been getting ready for it. I used to send DB a few qts for oranges.He took it down the street to a pancake house and gloated a little with it on his pancakes. Weather looks like it will finally warm up end of this week so I'll be getting into it next week. Anyone else here make maple syrup?

Terry Flannery #601166 Mon Mar 02 2015 07:13 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning Terry and all the rest of Old Gas Land! Fairly pleasant morning here in North Dakota! There is supposed to be a big snow storm scheduled to rip across SOUTH Dakota and into Minnesota tomorrow? Once again, they say it will leave North Dakota alone!
We have sure been blessed this winter! I hope the storm subsides by Wednesday, as I will be headed for Minneapolis on the first leg of my trip to Peotone!
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Terry Flannery #601168 Mon Mar 02 2015 07:30 AM
Good morning gang!

Originally Posted By: Terry Flannery
I used to send DB a few qts for oranges.He took it down the street to a pancake house and gloated a little with it on his pancakes.

This does not sound like DB at all! Sure do miss him.

I wish I knew more about making maple syrup. When we put our septic tank in at the cabin, the inspector was going bonkers over my "sugar maples" in the yard. He could not believe that I did not harvest sap for syrup. Guess I never learned how to. Maybe someday...

Have a good day everybody!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Ryan Underthun #601170 Mon Mar 02 2015 07:39 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morn'n
Adios Jan.& Feb. and hello clocks turned ahead this Saturday night.
This is Peotone week! smile

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Cold Pizza #601182 Mon Mar 02 2015 08:25 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Terry, I follow your rule for retired folks to the letter. The problem I have is making myself ease into anything constructive before half the day is gone! Weather here is supposed to moderate today and tomorrow just enough to melt most of the snow before the next storm on Wednesday dumps again. But it looks like after that little burp we are heading for a longer warmup this weekend so maybe this will be the final blast.....or not. The first tournament of the year for the NWC walleye guys is this weekend here on Stockton Lake. Friends of mine that fish it are down all week at a friends cabin at the lake to pre fish. They are from Huron, SD so they should feel right at home with the cold weather. At least they should have a decent weekend for the tournament if the forecast holds. Well, off to the lumberyard this morning to get the first load of lumber for the shop. I figure if I buy a stack of lumber and it's laying in the floor I'll have to actually start building! I'll take some pictures in progress and try to post the process as I go. Just don't expect the finished product right away....Have a great week all....GB

Rabbitman #601195 Mon Mar 02 2015 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
happy monday all... the Peotone weather forecast has got better as we are getting closer. looks like clear skies and decent temps.

i spent my weekend getting my garage cleaned up & a little less chaotic. also got 4 pumps gutted that Ive been meaning to do. Im sure the wife loves the view in front of our garage right now! All were still full of fuel too, so she gets that nice aroma when she walks outside as well, LOL

PeotoneWeather.jpg pumpguts.jpg

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Rabbitman #601196 Mon Mar 02 2015 10:16 AM
Good Morning everyone,

As far as that retirement rule, I have to admit that on most days, I get started being productive much later than I did when I was working. Then there are the long lunches and breaks that I never got before. It is addicting.

Sun is shining. Places where the snow was plowed are looking clean and nice. Talking about temps around 50 on the weekend. I'll appreciate just having average temperatures.

Picked out a 6x24 wood-look porcelain tile for my basement display room. Getting delivery next week. Time for me to clean up and move stuff out to get ready.

Have a great Monday out there in Oldgasland!

Last edited by Oldgas; Mon Mar 02 2015 01:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #601312 Mon Mar 02 2015 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good evening everyone! Another monday is in the books, busy one at that. School was interesting along with a really busy day at work. I hope everyone else had a good day!

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved