Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
281633072679 REPORTED

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
sign of subject:... cool

oilzsn.JPG

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've reported it as well! Up to $1,425 now! I wish ebay could get sued for this junk. They let it go even though multiple people have reported.

-Searching: SC, NC, GA oil companies, Anything Gulf, Clockface Pumps & Gulf Patina Pumps-
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Don't you think the way Ebay looks at it , it's your word against the sellers word.. if you ran Ebay who would you believe ?
Most buyers and sellers on Ebay are NOT educated in original/reproduction signs..
How many members on OLDGAS are there.. out of them, how many are experts in signs? Pretty small percentage ... Just trying to be logical... smile

Wes.......
G
G
I believe this was a Dated Sign from around 2000. I wonder how many dated porcelain reproduction From Original Artwork Signs are out there?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
When multiple people report an item, I believe ebay should take a closer look at it. Especially when the seller's items are reported everytime they list something. All of their signs come from a known supplier of repops, then they bang the signs up a little and resale them for major profits. Ebay could care less; their pockets just keep getting bigger. It just frustrates me so much that there is NOTHING we can do about it.

-Searching: SC, NC, GA oil companies, Anything Gulf, Clockface Pumps & Gulf Patina Pumps-
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
For what it's worth...I contacted the seller right away to let him know the sign was a reproduction. Needless to say he never replied or changed his ad. I agree with Wes..there are alot of people out there that have no clue...many employees of Ebay as well have little to no idea. However I do feel ebay should spend more of their resources educating themselves on these matters. It's all about the threat vs $$. Try selling a knockoff Coach or Gucci handbag on ebay and see how fast your auction gets pulled! These companies are out there threatening Ebay with legal action if they allow such items to pass hands. Therefore there is an entire division of Ebay dedicated to fake/knockoff handbags/purses/clothing etc. Knockoffs are very big business aside from th sign world. It just seems that Ebay doesnt care about our world.

I question all his stuff. How can I tell the oilzum is fake what are the clues. There is a guy near me selling one and he said his is original it is on ebay also. Might be sold now. easy enough to find if sold. he is in PA. I want to see if his is fake also.

jim

Still on for buy it now $495. I see one sign has a black back and one has a white back also. Which is correct?

Jim

E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Jim, The original is double sided same image on both sides. The mounting holes are different as well. There are 2 on each side near the middle as it was meant to connect to a stand. Also 2 holes on the lower edge for a small hanging sign that hung underneath.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved