Good morning gang!
Hot Rod had a tough day yesterday. We went in for surgery around 11am. Doctor put him out, then put in an IV. He went to put an airway tube in Hot Rods airway and could not get one in. He inspected the airway and found a "mass" on the side of the airway that was blocking the tube from being installed. When he hit the "mass" it bothered it, causing it to bleed a little bit and swell a little bit. They put the dog on O2 and woke him up, abandoning surgery due to complications with the "mass".
We brought him home yesterday around 2pm, he pretty much slept until a little after 10pm, then round 2 started.
He started wheezing, and was showing signs of loss of oxygen in the blood (purple-blue tongue). We decided to load him up in my truck and bring him to the overnight ER vet. Once we got there they checked him out. He ended up getting 2 iv's one was an anti-inflammatory, the other was a steroid to chill him out. Finally at around 12am he mellowed out to where we could bring him home. I carried him inside and he slept all night without a problem.
I am guessing my vet is going to be calling me any minute, as they got a fax last night from the ER vet.
Other than all that excitement, trying to live somewhat of a normal life. Forecast yesterday at this time was for 6-8 inches of snow starting tonight. It has been downgraded to 2-4 inches this morning now. Some are saying just rain, I really dont know what is going to happen.
I better get at it, have a good day everybody!