Print Thread
#605083 Tue Mar 24 2015 03:43 AM
S
Stu K. Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Good morning. Rain expected here today with a high in the mid 40's. Have not had moisture in weeks. A good amount of grass fires. Will be working in the shop after work. A good day to you all (Hot Rod, too!)

Stu K. #605106 Tue Mar 24 2015 05:56 AM
Good morning gang!

Hot Rod had a tough day yesterday. We went in for surgery around 11am. Doctor put him out, then put in an IV. He went to put an airway tube in Hot Rods airway and could not get one in. He inspected the airway and found a "mass" on the side of the airway that was blocking the tube from being installed. When he hit the "mass" it bothered it, causing it to bleed a little bit and swell a little bit. They put the dog on O2 and woke him up, abandoning surgery due to complications with the "mass".

We brought him home yesterday around 2pm, he pretty much slept until a little after 10pm, then round 2 started.

He started wheezing, and was showing signs of loss of oxygen in the blood (purple-blue tongue). We decided to load him up in my truck and bring him to the overnight ER vet. Once we got there they checked him out. He ended up getting 2 iv's one was an anti-inflammatory, the other was a steroid to chill him out. Finally at around 12am he mellowed out to where we could bring him home. I carried him inside and he slept all night without a problem.

I am guessing my vet is going to be calling me any minute, as they got a fax last night from the ER vet.

Other than all that excitement, trying to live somewhat of a normal life. Forecast yesterday at this time was for 6-8 inches of snow starting tonight. It has been downgraded to 2-4 inches this morning now. Some are saying just rain, I really dont know what is going to happen.

I better get at it, have a good day everybody!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Ryan Underthun #605109 Tue Mar 24 2015 06:10 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning Ryan and all of Old Gas Land! I was hoping for better news on Hot Rod but maybe the discovery of the airway mass will give the vets enough information to progress with treatment? Hope so.
North Dakota is getting light rain in some areas this morning, and its supposed to switch over to snow tomorrow. I got pictures from the Chicago area this morning that show a couple of inches covering some vehicles. I guess these northern areas are not immune to more snowfall yet! Of course, it is still march! LOL
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K W FRITH #605115 Tue Mar 24 2015 06:26 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good Morning Guys. Got the day off so I'm playing around in the Garage, went in the house for a bit to wash up some cans. Just gonna take it easy today.

Hope everybody has a Great Day!!

My big accomplishment of the morning grin

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Esse's Garage #605130 Tue Mar 24 2015 08:36 AM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning all, Just got back from taking the wifes car to dealer as it had a recall on the light switch. Its been on back order for 5 months. Breakfast with her and half the day is gone. See what else I can get in to before heading back to pick it up.

HAGD-ALL!!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Loyd Pierce #605251 Tue Mar 24 2015 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good evening everyone! Had a really busy day with school, work, then had to mow 2 lawns already to clean off all of the dead *****. I got destroyed by my allergies,oh well! Thats part of it. I hope everyone else had a good day.

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved