Next Thread
Print Thread
T
T-BONE Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
FOR THIS WEEK,, LETS POST AND DISCUSS GLASS OIL AND LIQUID CONTAINERS. THIS INCLUDES OIL BOTTLES, GREASE JARS, GLASS OILERS,ETC... ANYTHING THAT IS MADE OF GLASS THAT HAD TO DO WITH A SERVICE STATION.[BESIDES GLOBES] HERE IS A COUPLE WANDA OIL BOTTLES FROM CATO OIL CO. IN OKLAHOMA... E-MAIL ME YOUR PICTURES AND I'LL POST THEM FOR YOU IF YOU NEED HELP.. T`~BONE...
`

[This message has been edited by T-BONE (edited 12-21-2003).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Sorry T-bone, but T-way did glass bottles and containers a few weeks back. your wecome to post it anyway. have fun.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T-Bone, I will help you out here and thanks for stepping up. We have done oil bottles but their several other bottled items out their. Here are few examples from Phillips 66 pre 1959. Scott in Kansas City
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc03b3127cce84dcba101aa80000003610[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc03b3127cce84dcba2f9ba70000003610[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc03b3127cce84dca5915abe0000004610[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc03b3127cce84dcba3f9bb70000003610[/img]

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
T
T-BONE Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
THANKS FOR THE POST QUARTCANS.. THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.. I KNOW OIL BOTTLES HAVE BEEN COVERED,, BUT THERE IS ALOT MORE GLASS ITEMS OUT THERE. WHOS NEXT?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Man Oh Man Scott.... I wish I saw those bottles Months ago...I had a bunch of old Bottles with no labels from an Estate sale and I had that Phillips 66 Furniture Polish bottle with the white stuff in it and everything...no label...I had no clue what it was...wish I hadnt sold them as a lot on Ebay...I could of copied your label and made a lil display item out of it...If I only new it was a station item...i never would have unloaded it. AAAARRRGGGHHH

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
T
T-BONE Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
HERE ARE FRANK SARGENTS PICTURES,, NEAT OLD BOTTLE...

[This message has been edited by T-BONE (edited 12-23-2003).]

F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Hey Frank (T-Bone) ... Thanks for posting the pics.
A couple of years ago my friend Steve Snow and I just happened across an estate sale while out cruising for pumps. This place belonged to a longtime Seattle dentist... There were numerous barns and outbuildings filled to the brim with old carriages, antique dental stuff... and tons of stuff from days gone by. I found this old bottle back on a shelf in the barn, offered $20.00 and bought it.
The corner of 2nd Ave S and Washington St. in Seattle is now major commercial property and "Kelly's Drug Store" is long gone. I contacted the office of the King County Archives and thru their research, I found out that there was a Kelly's Drug Store at this location at the turn of the century.
I understand that in the days before curb or other pumps... Gas was sold in bottles.
I am happy to have a piece of petro and Seattle history.

------------------
Frank

Frank
Online Cool
Here is a little bottle from a company only a few miles from my home. The bottle's base mold marks date it as 1949. Wish I could find more Zephyr stuff.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HERE ARE A FEW FROM MY COLLECTION. THE ESSO BOTTLES ARE NICE BUT OVER THE YEARS THE OILY SAMPLES HAVE GOTTEN ONTO THE LABELS CAUSING THEM TO COME LOOSE. STILL COOL ANYWAY!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 12-26-2003).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'LL LEARN THIS IMAGE THING SOMEDAY....SORRY....HERE IT IS

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved