Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well, Did Santa bring anyone any petro this year? Just thought I'd share a couple my dad found for me.

First is a heavy paper banner from Kendall. Nice shape considering it's paper.

Next, another neat Kendall piece. Quart can. Nice colors. I believe it has been relidded, but someone did a decent job. Has the older graphics.

Thanks Dad.

So, lets see what Santa brought you.......

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Well it was the season for giving for me & my wife this year. Some good friends of ours have two girls 4 & 8. My wife saw her friend at the store the other day & she was in tears. Her husband is a self employed contractor & money was tight to say the least. They are both great people but as we all know when money is not there or tight that puts alot of stress on a marrage. Anyway they did not have the money to buy gifts for the kids. So we went out on Christmas Eve & got gifts for there kids "about 6 gifts each". They both where beyond excited for what we did. Me & the wife where more excited to do it than our kids on Christmas if that is possable. All I can say we both now know the true meaning of Christmas now & the fealing I got no gift could give me

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I love it! Great story!

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GOOD FOR YOU, BRAD! A TRULY HEARTWARMING STORY!

I GOT AN OILER CAN...LONG SPOUT - NOT SURE IF IT'S AUTO RELATED, A FEW GIFT CARDS, A ROUTE 66 NEON SIGN, A TIMEX EXPEDITION WATCH, A COCA-COLA VILLAGE DINER, A COCA-COLA SANTA TIN W/POPCORN, A PAIR OF EARRINGS AND ANOTHER YEAR OF NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC.

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
gasoildude, you and your wife are a class act!!!!!!!!

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
way to go Brad , I agree you and your Wife are Truly a class act

Chris Holt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gasoildude and Wife, Thank you for making miricles happen and sharing your story. God bless you.
Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
59fairlane, Awesome gifts. I was thinking about how KENDALL shows the 2000 mile oil. Just think this day and age if you had to change your oil every 2000 miles. That would be every other week for some people. My brother is a truck driver so it would be weekly for him.
Mike

F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
We had a function at the office to raise money for the less fortunate... We raised over $13,000 in one evening. I was on the committee to distribute the funds. We did a whole lot of good in our community. I was able to go shopping with over $3500 to buy gifts for underprivilged children in our community. What fun! We loaded 3 vans with gifts and delivered them to the local food bank. This is what Christmas is all about... We do this each year and it is the highpoint of my holiday season.
God Bless.

------------------
Frank

Frank
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Brad, Glad you can help out a friend in need.
Me and my wife did something like that about 4 or 5 years ago. We picked a family from a shelter that my wife had heard about and went out and bought all kinds of toys... we took them to there house on Christmas eve and i really felt they didn't ever care we did that for them. They acted more like they expected it from us... told us thanks and showed us to the door. I am not for sure if the kids even stopped watching TV while we were there. I felt really good up until this point. I don't mind helping people in need or going beyond helping but i really felt as though they didn't care.
I will add we belong to a church and helping there is wonderful and the church does great things for our community.

PS: Doc did i read that right? ear rings?

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
same thing happened with us this year JJ. the lack of appreciation was obvious. too bad. we felt like intruders. the comment on earrings... i won't go there !!!... to each his own....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
YES, JJ...EARRINGS! I'VE HAD MY LEFT EAR PIERCED SINCE I WAS 30...2X. AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT THE STRAIGHT GUY WITH EARRINGS RIGHT? "THE LEFT EAR IS THE RIGHT EAR AND RIGHT EAR IS THE WRONG EAR!"

WHAT KMANN SAID..."TO EACH HIS OWN!"

~DOC

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 12-27-2006).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
JJ, We had an experience just exactly like yours. Since then we always make a donation to a local animal shelter.

Brad, with you knowing the people that really makes it special. Props to you.

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED: Quart Picture Cans
Kansas City, Missouri

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Awesome story Brad, glad you could help someone. I had a similar experience to JJ a few years back. My church did a thing where we brought gifts to a couple families in a rundown area of Baltimore... Not only did they complain about the stuff we got them (there were almost 2 van loads for about 4 families), but some other kids in the neighborhood started throwing rocks at the vans when we left. Wouldn't preclude me from doing it again though, just wish we could have given the stuff to people like your friends instead. I think I'd rather give stuff to hard working people who've had a stretch of bad luck than people leeching off the system, who unfortunately often benefit from other people's generosity.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hard to believe those ungrateful stories of families. Sad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved